Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissapearing threads with no explanation

Options
  • 25-09-2018 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the story about this? A thread was started this morning/last night on AHs about a Male Contraceptive Gel, and now it has dissapeared so unfortunetly, I cant link it, but am sure any AH mod, or admin, can see it if they so wish.

Its not the first time I have noticed threads dissapering, and I thought the general rule, or guidence for mods, that threads were locked, with an explanation why, rather than totally removed, as a guide to posters to what can/cannot be posted, unless they were out and out trolling/shilling/abusive/slander.

Some explanation, either on this thread, or on the mod guidelines would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi,

We have a small but persistent group of serial re-reggers and trolls who open new accounts and post threads with the intention of trolling or spreading their agenda. Our standard procedure is to delete all their posts when we ban their accounts. Unfortunately, if it’s the opening post in a thread, that means the thread gets deleted.

There is a similar thread on this topic currently in TGC, otherwise feel free to start a new thread on the same topic.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Alas Mint Sauce, another thread suffered a similar fate. I personally thought a thread entitled "Beast is the king of cyclists", started by BeastysBike IsKing OfThe Road was a perfectly valid topic for further discussion, but the local mods weren't having it:(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Beasty wrote: »
    Alas Mint Sauce, another thread suffered a similar fate. I personally thought a thread entitled "Beast is the king of cyclists", started by BeastysBike IsKing OfThe Road was a perfectly valid topic for further discussion, but the local mods weren't having it:(

:pac:

plot twist. The rereg is you!

Advertisement