Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbour tree stopping install

Options
  • 25-09-2018 10:51am

I have been told (after order was processed of course) that I need to get branches, on my neighbours land cut, before they will install the fibre, as the branches are leaning on the current line.

I was told this and they then hung up so I have no information on Eir's procedure on this. Do I need to have the line taken down, by eir, then cut or just get a tree surgeon out and cut around the line.

Of course being told this before Eir initiated a cancellation with my current provider would have been appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

I have been told (after order was processed of course) that I need to get branches, on my neighbours land cut, before they will install the fibre, as the branches are leaning on the current line.

I was told this and they then hung up so I have no information on Eir's procedure on this. Do I need to have the line taken down, by eir, then cut or just get a tree surgeon out and cut around the line.

Of course being told this before Eir initiated a cancellation with my current provider would have been appreciated.
    Hi Cork_exile, 

I'm afraid we would be unable to advise on this information until after the order is in place and the site survey is carried out. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email and date of birth I'll be able to have a look at this for you and clarify it. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Cork_exile, 

I'm afraid we would be unable to advise on this information until after the order is in place and the site survey is carried out. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email and date of birth I'll be able to have a look at this for you and clarify it. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi,

The order has been placed (a months ago) and I have been going round in circles for someone to give advise.

PMing details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi there Cork_exile

I see Tracey requested account information in a PM and received this. Would you mind just confirming the registered email and date of birth? You can PM me all the information (including the email & DOB) and I will have a look at this for you.

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

Get a tree surgeon to cut around the cables and then phone back and tell them the work has been carried out

Advertisement