Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NOW TV (Ireland) €15 for one month Sky Sports

• 25-09-2018 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭

Just in time for the Ryder Cup, I see Now TV has a rare deal on Sky Sports of €15 for one month. Usefully the NowTV app supports Chromecast.

Remember to cancel before the month is up or the price goes up to €50 for the following length of the subscription!!

https://www.nowtv.com/ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭paddyh117

That is good - was considering the 3-day pass for the same price so will get this instead - cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

The month pass isn't working for existing subscribers. I thought once your old one had expired you could take up this offer but seems it is for new accounts only.

I might just buy the weekly pass for €15 to cover the Ryder Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Just sign up again with a different email address.

Just sign up again with a different email address.

I have done that previously! I will have to ask the wife to oblige but not sure if I am bothered.

They really need to reduce the price of the monthly. If it was €20 only I would subscribe fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I have done that previously! I will have to ask the wife to oblige but not sure if I am bothered.

They really need to reduce the price of the monthly. If it was €20 only I would subscribe fully.

If you use gmail, just put a full stop anywhere before the @gmail.com. It looks like a new address but gmail actually ignores the full stop so your mail goes to the right place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

The month pass isn't working for existing subscribers. I thought once your old one had expired you could take up this offer but seems it is for new accounts only.

I might just buy the weekly pass for €15 to cover the Ryder Cup.

Worked for me eventhough my previous offer of 3 months for €20 per month only expired 2 weeks ago
    I clicked on the €50 monthly pass and it showed the discount before checkout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Doodah7 wrote: »
    If you use gmail, just put a full stop anywhere before the @gmail.com. It looks like a new address but gmail actually ignores the full stop so your mail goes to the right place!

That's what I do. Great little trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭jarrieta

Tweaky wrote: »
    Worked for me eventhough my previous offer of 3 months for €20 per month only expired 2 weeks ago
    I clicked on the €50 monthly pass and it showed the discount before checkout

That works, thanks Tweaky, I didn't bother clicking :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Any idea if this offer has an end date?

Waiting till Friday night would cover all the PL games on Saturday 28th October.

I had an experience trying to avail of an offer for new customers only (which wasn't clear at all) - support were great and actually offered me a better deal because of the hassle caused. Big fan of Now TV.

None are working for me. I tried the full stop and it said no such email exists.

I went in and added the 15eur sport pass and click on checkout but then it kicks me out to the passes page.

Edit: got it working there. Log in, click on the 50eur month pass and on the next page the discount is applied.
    I cancelled straight away, can watch until 25th October.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Dades wrote: »
    Any idea if this offer has an end date?

Waiting till Friday night would cover all the PL games on Saturday 28th October.

I had an experience trying to avail of an offer for new customers only (which wasn't clear at all) - support were great and actually offered me a better deal because of the hassle caused. Big fan of Now TV.

You can wait until Friday....

"Offer for new NOW TV Sky Sports Month Pass customers. Monthly payment at discounted price of €15 for first month. After the offer period payment will automatically renew at €50 per month unless cancelled. You can cancel at anytime. Offer ends 23:59 Sunday 30th September 2018."

^^ Cool, thanks. I couldn't find that.

That'll cover the Ryder Cup, too. :)

*puts note in diary*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

How does it work, If i sign up on a laptop - can I only access it from my laptop or can I then use a phone and stream to a chromecast?

Or am i missing something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Just signed up & watching LFC game. Roll on Ryder Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

dball wrote: »
    How does it work, If i sign up on a laptop - can I only access it from my laptop or can I then use a phone and stream to a chromecast?

Or am i missing something

Yes; you can use Chromecast from the app, doesn't matter how you sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,712 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

whats the streaming quality like? anyone get it working on the Nvidia Shield?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

Same offer is £12.99 or ~€14.50 for anyone with a UK account. The month runs from whatever day you subscribe until 23:59hrs the day before the following month - ie subscribe at any time on the 27th, it runs out 23:59 on the 26th October.

If you're not overly concerned with the early rounds of the Ryder Cup, the best time to subscribe would be just after midnight, Saturday. That way you'll get the last weekend of October covered, as well as the Monday Night Football Spurs vs Man City on October 29th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

Sign-up via the SuperValu rewards shopping portal and get 400 points (4 euro) back too

dball wrote: »
    I just stick a HDMI cable from my laptop into the TV. Sound and picture perfect.

I just stick a HDMI cable from my laptop into the TV. Sound and picture perfect.

Get a chromecast. For €40 you will get huge use out of it plus you can take it away from your house and stream the sports to a tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭th283

Anyone else have issues with this? Got through check out and payment for the month pass for €15 but when the confirmation email came it only said a one week pass. I went straight on live chat and was told that because I had previously used an offer I wasn’t eligible and if I wanted a month pass I could pay the full €50 :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

^^ Cool, thanks. I couldn't find that.

That'll cover the Ryder Cup, too. :)

*puts note in diary*

Do you just get sports channels or other stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Any decent IPTV cheaper

Advertisement