Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre BB not available but adjoining neighbour has it!

Options
  • 25-09-2018 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I was chatting to a representative on the eir Website yesterday and he confirmed that Fibre broadband was available for my home. This makes sense to me, living in a village that was recently enabled for fibre. My neigbour in the adjoining house to my right has fibre, so I went ahead and placed the order online using our address (asper the sales person's advice on chat) and my wife's contact details as she would be available during the day to take calls etc (again website said it was enabled).

This morning my wife received a call from eir saying Broadband is not available and I could continue to have 24mbps broadband to my home for the same price.....
    Something is not adding up here.
    I live one house away on a main terraced street from the telephone exchange.
    Telephone Exchange  | Neighbour 1 | Me | Neighbour 2
    As I said Neighbour 2 has fibre, in fact everyone in the village has fibre except for me as i was until this week locked into a sky contract.
    I'd appreciate if someone can explain to me how this is possible.
    Order Number: EIRSNRXRX3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hairyface

TomGalway wrote: »
    I was chatting to a representative on the eir Website yesterday and he confirmed that Fibre broadband was available for my home. This makes sense to me, living in a village that was recently enabled for fibre. My neigbour in the adjoining house to my right has fibre, so I went ahead and placed the order online using our address (asper the sales person's advice on chat) and my wife's contact details as she would be available during the day to take calls etc (again website said it was enabled).

This morning my wife received a call from eir saying Broadband is not available and I could continue to have 24mbps broadband to my home for the same price.....
    Something is not adding up here.
    I live one house away on a main terraced street from the telephone exchange.
    Telephone Exchange  | Neighbour 1 | Me | Neighbour 2
    As I said Neighbour 2 has fibre, in fact everyone in the village has fibre except for me as i was until this week locked into a sky contract.
    I'd appreciate if someone can explain to me how this is possible.
    Order Number: EIRSNRXRX3

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/108105606
    Check out what they told me

• Registered Users Posts: 21 TomGalway

hairyface wrote: »
    Seems like a recurring theme. My issue is a little different in that everyone else in the whole area can have fibre but not me, which is a joke considering my direct line of sight to the exchange.
    I might go down the chat/phone route again - looking at the response you got it seems that the forum folks hands are tied when it comes to their teams sharing conflicting information.
    If Eir hadn't locked down the fibre to only Eir for the village, I'm sure Sky would be able to offer it.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

TomGalway wrote: »
    If Eir hadn't locked down the fibre to only Eir for the village, I'm sure Sky would be able to offer it.
    Sky aren't opting in for the higher speeds, IIRC if Eir offer it in an area that have to let the other operators use it but the other operators don't have to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hairyface

Eir dont give a damn about you me or anyone they put in a bid for the nbs on a condition they get 300,000 homes and now that they got 300,000 new homes they withdraw from the nbs and give the 2 fingers to the government and irish people . They are a disgrace and can do whatever they like. They should have never been allowed to go private. There is alot to be said for the old state bodies esb, bus eireann and eircom

Advertisement