Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir prepay plans - effectively robbed of 40 euros.

Options
  • 25-09-2018 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi, as an Eir prepay mobile customer, I wanted to avail of the 20 euro top-up offer on prepay, where you get unlimited texts and 15 Gb of data. I followed the advertised instructions of "Text '20 text and data' to 50104' and topped up by twenty euros.

Proceeded to go online, and my credit ran out literally within minutes. I figured, I must have had done something wrong. Took the hit, and made sure that I followed on the advertised instructions to a tee. Topped up again. Waited about 30 minutes. Then tried again.Lo and behold, mobile data was burning through my credit again.

Went online to eir's web chat service to see if they could activate the plan. Person said they could see my top up attempts, but that I was still on the old plan. Offered to activate plan once I topped up by 20 euros again. Naturally, I did not want to put any more money towards this this month. (Might as well be on an all singing and all dancing 60 euro per month bill plan) They said that they did not have the authority to activate the plan without topping up again, and that I had to have switched over to the plan first and then top up. They said I should have waited until I recieved a confirmation text (which I only received after I contacted them). Also, nowhere is this stated on the website or terms and conditions (not that I could find anyway).

So, now I'm 40 euros down, no access to data, and am being asked to put another 20 euros in to get data access. Is there anything you guys can do to activate the plan based on the two attempts all ready made to get this to work (which you'll be able to confirm). I was never given a satisfactory explanation of why my text to activate the plan in the first place didn't work (I have evidence of me sending it as per online instructions, no text confirmation until web chat operator investigated), and the fact there are no up front warnings to wait until confirmation text arrives.

I have to say, I feel a bit cheated out of my money, and feel it is a shoddy way to treat customers. And this kind of profiteering by hammering people financially with unclear instructions (I found two different instructions for switching to the plan) or loop holes in the terms and conditions really makes me want to move away from Eir and warn other people to stay away too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

so where did your 40 euros go???? what was your old plan to say it took 40 euros 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

ElWalrus wrote: »
    Hi, as an Eir prepay mobile customer, I wanted to avail of the 20 euro top-up offer on prepay, where you get unlimited texts and 15 Gb of data. I followed the advertised instructions of "Text '20 text and data' to 50104' and topped up by twenty euros.

Proceeded to go online, and my credit ran out literally within minutes. I figured, I must have had done something wrong. Took the hit, and made sure that I followed on the advertised instructions to a tee. Topped up again. Waited about 30 minutes. Then tried again.Lo and behold, mobile data was burning through my credit again.

Went online to eir's web chat service to see if they could activate the plan. Person said they could see my top up attempts, but that I was still on the old plan. Offered to activate plan once I topped up by 20 euros again. Naturally, I did not want to put any more money towards this this month. (Might as well be on an all singing and all dancing 60 euro per month bill plan) They said that they did not have the authority to activate the plan without topping up again, and that I had to have switched over to the plan first and then top up. They said I should have waited until I recieved a confirmation text (which I only received after I contacted them). Also, nowhere is this stated on the website or terms and conditions (not that I could find anyway).

So, now I'm 40 euros down, no access to data, and am being asked to put another 20 euros in to get data access. Is there anything you guys can do to activate the plan based on the two attempts all ready made to get this to work (which you'll be able to confirm). I was never given a satisfactory explanation of why my text to activate the plan in the first place didn't work (I have evidence of me sending it as per online instructions, no text confirmation until web chat operator investigated), and the fact there are no up front warnings to wait until confirmation text arrives.

I have to say, I feel a bit cheated out of my money, and feel it is a shoddy way to treat customers. And this kind of profiteering by hammering people financially with unclear instructions (I found two different instructions for switching to the plan) or loop holes in the terms and conditions really makes me want to move away from Eir and warn other people to stay away too.
    Hi there ElWalrus

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here.

When opting in for those plans, they cost €20 to get activated. Once this is activated, you will see that your credit will be gone. You can then use your plan for the 4 weeks. When you top up, make sure that you receive your confirmation text first before using data, making calls or sending texts as this will not activate your plan and the usage will be taken from your top-up credit.

If you text "offer" to 50104 you will see the plan you're currently on. If your plan activated correctly and you've used the 15GB, you will need to opt in for a data add-on.

Can you please send that confirmation text and let me know what it says?

-Kyle

Advertisement