Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The backlog games challenge list

• 25-09-2018 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure I ain't the only one :D you know, you've 'acquired' games, and haven't got around to playing them? :D right so it's time to get serious I challenge you to challenge me. I challenge you to challenge yourself. I challenge you.... to a backlog duel?! En Garde!

I'll post by backlog list later. It's quite long

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm 46.
    I'm likely to have 40 good years of gaming left.
    If I stop buying games right now I would still not have time to finish all of my back log!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Nintendo consoles only or across all formats?
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm 46.
    I'm likely to have 40 good years of gaming left.
    If I stop buying games right now I would still not have time to finish all of my back log!

If you gave everything 30 minutes, could you be done before 2020? That way you can cull the not-so-great and leave more time for the excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Switch only?

I finished the story of Battle Chef Brigade.

So that leaves.... Everything else?
    Bomberman R, Doom, Skyrim, South Park TFBW, Fire Emblem Warriors, LA Noire, Into the Breach, a couple of cups in Mariokart, Overcooked, Mario + Rabbids, the last world of Odyssey, Splatoon 2 single player, Oxendale, Lego Marvel 2, finish Arms with the rest of the fighters, Bayonetta 1, Bayonetta 2, Octopath Traveller which I haven't even started, try to get past the first 30 minutes of cutscenes in Xenoblade 2, Hollow knight, that ****ing jump in Shovel Knight, my Fifa 18 career (Sorry, Messi, there's only room for one of us!), Thimbleweed Park, a successful run on Enter the Gungeon and/or Binding of Isaac, land a wife in Stardew Valley, Has Been Heroes, NBA Playgrounds and at least fight the dragon in Minecraft.

Oh, and have a preorder on Dark Souls

Jesus. Glad I don't look at my Steam account too often.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Rhyme wrote: »
    Nintendo consoles only or across all formats?

If you gave everything 30 minutes, could you be done before 2020? That way you can cull the not-so-great and leave more time for the excellent.

Hmm, might be a plan.

If I restrict to Nintendo back log only that just leaves me with my GB, GBC, GBA, Famicom/NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU and Switch games....

Bugger.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Nintend-only!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I still have a backlog of Wii U games to play. I’m not buying a switch until I play through them. If that means missing out on the switch so be it. I can’t justify buying games and consoles and not playing them anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm hoping to clear a number of these off my backlog, and no more planned purchases until Diablo on Switch.

Axiom Verge - about 2/3 of the way through
    Bastion - just started, never finished on PC, will get through it on Switch
    Dandara - haven't started
    Dead Cells - barely started
    Enter the Gungeon - barely started
    Fe - barely started
    Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition - About 8 chapters in, main focus
    MegaMan Legacy Collection 1 - On MM2 at the moment
    MegaMan Legacy Collection 2 - not started
    Okami HD - About 10 hours in
    Owlboy - couple of hours, wasn't feeling it
    Rogue Trooper - about an hour played, not feeling it
    Salt and Sanctuary - about 2 hours in, got distracted
    Thimbleweed Park - On the first clown part, got distracted
    Undertale - shouldn't have bought it, due to backlog, just started
    Yokus Island Express - about 3 hours in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Woah. Not easier to play one at a time?

I plan on trying to get through a horror or 2 in October so have Resi Evil and Fatal Frame games to try for that

Oops. I totally forgot to post my list. Let's have a shot at it

Wii U
    Pikmin 3
    Super Mario 3d world*
    Yoshi's Wooly World*
    Axiom Verge* (got hopelessly stuck in this very early on)
    Majora's Mask
    Bayonetta 2
    Mass Effect 3
    Zombi U

Switch
    Bastion
    Jumping Joe and Friends
    Baobabs Mausoleum
    Tumble Seed*
    Mantis Burn Racing
    Furi
    Pool Panic*
    Pocket Rumble
    Runner 3*
    Implosion
    Slain Back from Hell
    Enter the Gungeon*
    Thumper*
    Oxenfree
    Octopath Traveler*
    Shantae 1/2 genie hero
    Overcooked
    Wonderboy and the dragon's trap

Which to tackle first :pac: :D one's with asterix i've played a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Pikmin 3 isn't a game I'd do in a challenge. It's not a game you'd want to be rushing to complete.

It's more of a relaxing game that you'd play to unwind. That's not to say it's easy and casual. It's next to impossible to 100% it on single player.

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Pikmin 3 isn't a game I'd do in a challenge. It's not a game you'd want to be rushing to complete.

It's more of a relaxing game that you'd play to unwind. That's not to say it's easy and casual. It's next to impossible to 100% it on single player.

Pikmin 3 is one i'm drawn to actually. Yoshi's Wooly World is a nice relaxing one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Oh ****, we have to do Wiiu too?
    I finished bayonetta 2. So that leaves everything else...
    Except captain toad, devills third and that Japanese horror thing with the camera. Never bought them.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Woah. Not easier to play one at a time?

I plan on trying to get through a horror or 2 in October so have Resi Evil and Fatal Frame games to try for that

Yup. My problem is that I see something shiny and move on. I'm focusing on Final Fantasy alone until its done.

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

I've been pretty disciplined so far, picked up a Switch 4 months ago with Rocket League, Lego City Undercover, and Mario Odyssey. I haven't bought any other games yet despite the temptation. I put all the hours into Rocket League, played a small bit of Lego City but the load times are kind of killing it for me, and have yet to play Mario Odyssey! If I complete Mario Odyssey I'll buy a new game, I could be tempted to buy an online multiplayer game to replace Rocket League though.

I ended up with a collection of unopened games for the Xbox 360 so I'm trying to avoid that again! The wish list is quite long though.

Game | Status | Completed
    Axiom Verge | Started | No
    Bastion | N/A | No
    Dandara | N/A | No
    Dead Cells | N/A | No
    Enter the Gungeon | N/A | No
    Fe | N/A | No
    Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition | Complete | Yes
    MegaMan Legacy Collection 1 | MM1 complete | No
    MegaMan Legacy Collection 2 | N/A | No
    Okami HD | [current] About 10 hours in | No
    Owlboy | About 3 hours in, meh so far | No
    Rogue Trooper | First level done, meh | No
    Salt and Sanctuary | Quick play, nothing major | No
    Thimbleweed Park | Passed first section | No
    Undertale | Basic tutorial done | No
    Yokus Island Express | 3 hours or so | No

Done with FFXV :)

Finish Okami next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I've come to the realisation that the switch is almost as bad as steam for amassing a huge backlog of games never to be played/completed!

I'm counting 67 games out of 70ish total on the backlog that'll likely never be completed given the rate at which I'm adding new titles!

Not even played once:
    Brawl
    Final fantasy XV
    Sexy Brutale
    Hollow
    Oxenfree
    Pixel Action Heros
    Revenant Saga
    Resident evil revelations 2
    Bayonetta 2

Played under 1 hour:
    Undertale
    Donkey Kong Country
    Nine Parchments
    Don't starve
    The flame in the flood
    The escapist 2
    Minecraft
    Bomberman
    Fortnite

Played under 10 hours:
    Tiny troopers XL
    Into the breach
    Wasteland 2
    Octopath
    Sonic Mania
    Bulbboy
    Resident evil revelations
    Bayonetta
    The way remastered
    Darkest dungeon
    Lost sphear
    Manticore
    Arms
    Unepic
    Morphite
    Shovel knight
    Tesla VS Dr lovecraft
    Enter the Gungeon
    Hammer watch
    Quest for dungeons
    Wonderboy
    Sine mora ex
    Tiny metal
    Lone wolf

Over 10 hours uncompleted:
    Splatoon 2
    Ys VIII
    Dead cells
    Xenoblade CHRONICLES 2
    Mario Kart 8
    Steam World dig
    Steam world dig 2
    Jydge
    Neon chrome
    Hollow. Knight
    Sky force reloaded
    Fast rmx
    Zelda botw
    Skyrim
    Stardew valley
    Axiom verge
    Ocean horn
    Golf story
    Cave story +
    Ironcast

Finished:
    Mario odyssey
    Mario & rabbids
    Steam world heist

You should focus on Bayonetta 2, that game is tremendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭mario54324

I have the money to buy other games, but I don't because I'm hooked on Zelda (130 hours in) and have only gotten 4 games since the console's release, need to play them more. Still need a new SD card too, might go for the 200 gig.

mario54324 wrote: »
    I have the money to buy other games, but I don't because I'm hooked on Zelda (130 hours in) and have only gotten 4 games since the console's release, need to play them more. Still need a new SD card too, might go for the 200 gig.

Just beware my friend,
    Four good games is a great start, but try to buy games you are likely to play, or you'll be on your way to your own games pile in no time!

200gig is worth it. I picked one up on Amazon last week for 40 or so. I had the 128gig, but I filled it fairly quickly. It's easy to manage, but I liked having a big selection of games to choose. Most games are small enough, but some, like Resident Evil, are 25gigs or so.

• Advertisement

Just beware my friend,
    Four good games is a great start, but try to buy games you are likely to play, or you'll be on your way to your own games pile in no time!

Eh, I like collecting games. I don't mind having a pile of them :)

Eh, I like collecting games. I don't mind having a pile of them :)

Be careful what you wish for!
    20 years of collecting and I'll never get to all the great games in my games room!

Be careful what you wish for!
    20 years of collecting and I'll never get to all the great games in my games room!

Suppose there's nothing wrong with showing them off then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I play 3ds and DS RPGs mainly I have 25 of them currently at last count I have OCD it takes backlog to a whole other level when you want to explore and complete 100% of each game plus I put loads of hours into Pokémon and still have Pokémon Gold on 3ds unopened thankfully the code lasts a while longer.

My biggest challenge in my backlog is Majoras Mask which I still haven't completed on any system due to unusual health issues of epilepsy when it was released and eye issues since the 3ds one but I'm still trying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I play 3ds and DS RPGs mainly I have 25 of them currently at last count I have OCD it takes backlog to a whole other level when you want to explore and complete 100% of each game plus I put loads of hours into Pokn and still have Pokn Gold on 3ds unopened thankfully the code lasts a while longer.

My biggest challenge in my backlog is Majoras Mask which I still haven't completed on any system due to unusual health issues of epilepsy when it was released and eye issues since the 3ds one but I'm still trying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

My backlog is the 100's, that's why I sometimes question buying even more games. I'm only just adding to the list for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

Have to say the nes and snes minis done a lot for me for my early game back catalogue. I just wouldn't have put the work in to obtain games like mario rpg and earthbound.

So i kind of want to get an N64 classic just to get those games too. N64 was the last nintendo console i never had or played, so getting that would be huge to my back catalogue

Everyone should play Waverace 64 at the original, NTSC, speeds.
    It's a far better game as a result, going back to PAL makes the game feel like the sea is made of syrup.

Everyone should play Waverace 64 at the original, NTSC, speeds.
    It's a far better game as a result, going back to PAL makes the game feel like the sea is made of syrup.

The Wii U virtual console version is the NTSC one

• Advertisement
Advertisement