Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No contact details for agency person in rented accommodation

Options
  • 25-09-2018 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi There, l have been renting for over a year. I have requested the contact details for the agency person who looks after the house from my flat mate but he refuses advising that he alone can only make contact. We have no updated lease either because again flat mate will not email the agency guy for an updated leases. Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

PaddyAnne wrote: »
    Hi There, l have been renting for over a year. I have requested the contact details for the agency person who looks after the house from my flat mate but he refuses advising that he alone can only make contact. We have no updated lease either because again flat mate will not email the agency guy for an updated leases. Thanks for any advice.

Are you a tenant or a licensee? In other words, do you rent from the landlord or do you rent from the tenant? Do you have a lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are you on the lease? Are you a tenant or sub-tenant?
    PaddyAnne wrote: »
    We have no updated lease either because again flat mate will not email the agency guy for an updated leases.
    There is usually little need to get an updated lease. It suits many people to not have them as people have 'Part 4' security of tenure. Having a lease creates obligations for the term of the lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

I smell a sub let...... OP, you need to get this rectified as you (well, your housemate - the Landlord probably doesnt know anything about you)may well be in breach of your lease conditions.

Advertisement