Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tendering Advice

Options
  • 25-09-2018 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hey guys i was hoping to get some advice around the tendering process within Ireland and how to create compelling tender responses.

I started my business several years ago in video production and i never really pursued tenders as i didn't have a decent set of clients. But as of now i've worked with some large companies and organizations across Ireland and feel more comfortable going after tenders.

My question revolves around the tender submissions themselves. Is there any third party providers that work with companies to create strong tender responses? Looking at the RFT's i honestly have no clue where to begin when it comes to creating the documents.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭adrianw

steve_ wrote: »
    Hey guys i was hoping to get some advice around the tendering process within Ireland and how to create compelling tender responses.

I started my business several years ago in video production and i never really pursued tenders as i didn't have a decent set of clients. But as of now i've worked with some large companies and organizations across Ireland and feel more comfortable going after tenders.

My question revolves around the tender submissions themselves. Is there any third party providers that work with companies to create strong tender responses? Looking at the RFT's i honestly have no clue where to begin when it comes to creating the documents.

Yes there are.
    www.tenderscout.com will assist will the whole process.

They should be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I know nothing about those services. But..

In my experience the tenders that's do poorly are those that don't answer the question asked, and instead try to use it to pitch stuff that wasn't asked.

Its often a box ticking exercise, so if you don't answer the question asked, you don't tick the box and thus score badly.

Those that do well will be exacting in making sure they submit everything asked for and tick every box. Even where it seems irrelevant.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Thanks guys, tenderscout looks interesting i'm gonna give them a call to see how they might help. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Hi,

In a kind of a tangent to the OP's question do ye think there is an opening for a tender monitor service primarily aimed at the small to medium sized sector. I'm thinking of a service which would get to know it's client and would search out specific appropriate tenders for it's client to bid for. The whole tender scene is quite complex and off putting to a SME but there are also some huge opportunities. Would you use such a service ? What do people think ?

Advertisement