Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacing oil powered central heating boiler average price

• 25-09-2018 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all, bit of a green horn in regards to this. We are looking at either the grand vortex or the fire bird. My plumber says the best he can do is 2500 cash for the firebird supply and fit. I'm also being quoted €400 for just fitting if we source ourselves from another local plumber. Happy to pay whatever the going rate is but is that a very high price for a cash quote any advice greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Fine Day

Brause wrote: »
    Hi all, bit of a green horn in regards to this. We are looking at either the grand vortex or the fire bird. My plumber says the best he can do is 2500 cash for the firebird supply and fit. I'm also being quoted €400 for just fitting if we source ourselves from another local plumber. Happy to pay whatever the going rate is but is that a very high price for a cash quote any advice greatly appreciated!

Hi there. Seems a lot. My in-laws got a new firebird last year, supply and install was €1500 all in. Its a 3 bed bungalow so prob not a huge boiler. Its a condenser and they find a huge improvement over the old boiler(15 years old).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Brause wrote: »
    Grant Vortex or Grant Euroflame is a far better boiler than the firebird,

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Brause

Theheff wrote: »
    Hi there. Seems a lot. My in-laws got a new firebird last year, supply and install was €1500 all in. Its a 3 bed bungalow so prob not a huge boiler. Its a condenser and they find a huge improvement over the old boiler(15 years old).

Oh really, ya we figured it was very expensive! Think the boom is back! Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

agusta wrote: »

Roughly, how much would it cost to have an old, large, Stanley cooker type boiler removed from the kitchen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Brause

agusta wrote: »

Thanks for the advice! The other plumber recommended the grant one to!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

iora_rua wrote: »
    Roughly, how much would it cost to have an old, large, Stanley cooker type boiler removed from the kitchen?
    It depends on your set up etc.Best get a local plumber in for advise on costings

Advertisement