Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offered permanent primary job no probation

Options
  • 25-09-2018 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi I am a primary teacher, I have not competed Droichead/probation.

I have applied for a permanent primary teaching job, could I be offered it considering I have not competed Droichead or probation.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Of course you can. Though some schools prefer not to take on those without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

I would think that you can be offered the job but that probation still applies, so it doesn’t actually become permanent in practical terms until the probation is actually done.
    I could be wrong on that though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

That was never the case at primary and I'd imagine less so since the 4 year B.Ed.

Advertisement