If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7.1.4 setup

Options
  • 26-09-2018 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys I am looking to build a 7.1.4 setup to go with my lg55b7v that I recently purchased off yourselves, I've been looking at the pioneer vsxlx503 with an additional 2 channel amp and Q acoustic 2050i speaker combination I already have 4 x Polk audio rc60i ceiling speakers, in your opinion would this be a good setup? what setup would you recommend for a budget off 2.5k
    Also is it possible to get an av receivers shipped from one of your stores in England to the republic like the Denon 6400?

Many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

woky83 wrote: »
    Hi guys I am looking to build a 7.1.4 setup to go with my lg55b7v that I recently purchased off yourselves, I've been looking at the pioneer vsxlx503 with an additional 2 channel amp and Q acoustic 2050i speaker combination I already have 4 x Polk audio rc60i ceiling speakers, in your opinion would this be a good setup? what setup would you recommend for a budget off 2.5k
    Also is it possible to get an av receivers shipped from one of your stores in  England to the republic like the Denon 6400?

Many thanks
    Hi woky83,

Unfortunately we are unable to have items shipped from the mainland. Once an item is discontinued it needs to be collected from the store it is in unfortunately.

For all of the amps you would need to add a separate 2 channel power amp to make a system 7.1.4 as most amps will only output 11.2. The Pioneer is a very good amp however if I was recommending one I would recommend the Onkyo TXRZ830. Onkyo's top of the line amps are incredible, they sound fantastic and have a lot of power to run a large system. I also find them a bit less muddy than the Pioneers (I own one of the older TXSR models myself). It retails at £1099 at the moment.

For the speaker system, the Q acoustics 5.1 system is actually partially discontinued. I have the 2050s in graphite as well as the 2010 and 2020s but the centre is no longer available and the sub is only available in walnut. I could make up a system with the 2050is, 202is and the new 3000CI centre if you're interested?  I would also look at the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 pack which retails at £1216. This consists of bookshelf speakers as fronts but they are one of the best mid range 5.1 systems I've heard. We have them in our dem room and for clarity and punch they are very hard to beat.

Let me know what you think and I can put together some prices for you.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 23 woky83

Hi woky83,

Unfortunately we are unable to have items shipped from the mainland. Once an item is discontinued it needs to be collected from the store it is in unfortunately.

For all of the amps you would need to add a separate 2 channel power amp to make a system 7.1.4 as most amps will only output 11.2. The Pioneer is a very good amp however if I was recommending one I would recommend the Onkyo TXRZ830. Onkyo's top of the line amps are incredible, they sound fantastic and have a lot of power to run a large system. I also find them a bit less muddy than the Pioneers (I own one of the older TXSR models myself). It retails at £1099 at the moment.

For the speaker system, the Q acoustics 5.1 system is actually partially discontinued. I have the 2050s in graphite as well as the 2010 and 2020s but the centre is no longer available and the sub is only available in walnut. I could make up a system with the 2050is, 202is and the new 3000CI centre if you're interested?  I would also look at the Monitor Audio Bronze 2 pack which retails at £1216. This consists of bookshelf speakers as fronts but they are one of the best mid range 5.1 systems I've heard. We have them in our dem room and for clarity and punch they are very hard to beat.

Let me know what you think and I can put together some prices for you.

Kind regards

David

The monitor audio bronze 2 pack looks good but unfortunately it will not suit my room with the rear surrounds having to be wall mounted and iam not too keen on the bookshelf fronts iam sure it's a great package but it won't suit my layout,would you recommend any other speakers or would the q acoustics be a good choice

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Woky,

thanks for the posts and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

I'm guessing that you are looking for floorstanding fronts? but are you also looking for floorstanding rear speakers? ( I note your layout wont suit the Bronze FX wall mounted bookshelves?) 

If you give me a suggestion I'll go looking for the best set-up for you - with your £2.5K budget we should be able to specify a super system for you,

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Woky,

I'm guessing that you are looking for floorstanding fronts? but are you also looking for floorstanding rear speakers? ( I note your layout wont suit the Bronze FX wall mounted bookshelves?) 

If you give me a suggestion I'll go looking for the best set-up for you - with your £2.5K budget we should be able to specify a super system for you,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

No problem with the delay I know how it is. Ideally I would like floorstanding speakers for the front and iam open to suggestions for the rear but they would need to be on some kind of stands as the rear wall is not an option,the end goal would be to have a 7.1.4 or 7.2.4 system but budget restrictions might not allow that at the min but using the onkyo tx-rz830 would allow me to add to the system at a later stage and ideally my budget would be €2.5k not £ sorry I didn't make this clear at the start

Hi Woky,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

No problem with the delay I know how it is. Ideally I would like floorstanding speakers for the front and iam open to suggestions for the rear but they would need to be on some kind of stands as the rear wall is not an option,the end goal would be to have a 7.1.4 or 7.2.4 system but budget restrictions might not allow that at the min but using the onkyo tx-rz830 would allow me to add to the system at a later stage and ideally my budget would be €2.5k not £ sorry I didn't make this clear at the start
    Hi Woky,

You could go for 2050is for both fronts and rears. We could do 2 x pairs 2050i, 1 x 3000Ci centre and a 2070si sub in walnut for 996.99 euro?

The Onkyo amp would be 1299 euro. This would get you a 5.1.4 system and you could add on to this at a later date.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi Woky,

You could go for 2050is for both fronts and rears. We could do 2 x pairs 2050i, 1 x 3000Ci centre and a 2070si sub in walnut for 996.99 euro?

The Onkyo amp would be 1299 euro. This would get you a 5.1.4 system and you could add on to this at a later date.

Kind regards

David

Hi guys,

Would the 2050s work well as the rears and would I need to keep the sub in the 2000 series or could I use a different one it's just aesthetically the Walnut is not going to look right in a room that is going to be black,white and grey in colour.thx

Hi Woky,

Kind regards

David

Hi guys,

Would the 2050s work well as the rears and would I need to keep the sub in the 2000 series or could I use a different one it's just aesthetically the Walnut is not going to look right in a room that is going to be black,white and grey in colour.thx
    Hi Woky,

You could go for a Q 3070s subwoofer which is a better sub but available in graphite. It is 269 euro so the total price for the speakers would be: 1066.99.

Kind regards

David

Hi Woky,

You could go for a Q 3070s subwoofer which is a better sub but available in graphite. It is 269 euro so the total price for the speakers would be: 1066.99.

Kind regards

David
    Hi guys

This setup sounds good to me guys, is there any chance of a ye doing a bit better on the price I spent £1300 in July on a TV from yourselves.thx

Hi Woky,

Kind regards

David
    Hi guys

This setup sounds good to me guys, is there any chance of a ye doing a bit better on the price I spent £1300 in July on a TV from yourselves.thx
    Hi Woky,

I'll try to sharpen the pencil a bit for you:

2 x 2050i graphite
    1 x Q3090Ci graphite
    1 x Q3070s graphite
    1 x Onkyo TXRZ830

Total: 2295 including shipping.

Kind regards

David

Hi Woky,

2 x 2050i graphite
    1 x Q3090Ci graphite
    1 x Q3070s graphite
    1 x Onkyo TXRZ830

Kind regards

David

I am happy with that what would be the best way for me to get payment details to you?
    Regards
    Anthony

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi Woky,

2 x 2050i graphite
    1 x Q3090Ci graphite
    1 x Q3070s graphite
    1 x Onkyo TXRZ830

Kind regards

David

I am happy with that what would be the best way for me to get payment details to you?
    Regards
    Anthony
    Hi Anthony!

If you PM me with your contact number I can give you a call to process that for you.

Kind regards

David

Hi Anthony!

If you PM me with your contact number I can give you a call to process that for you.

Kind regards

David

Thanks guys unfortunately Iam not very contactable by phone during the day due to work but if I ring the store is there someone I can ask to talk to in relation to this setup, to arrange payment and delivery

Regards

Anthony

Hi Anthony!

Kind regards

David

Thanks guys unfortunately Iam not very contactable by phone during the day due to work but if I ring the store is there someone I can ask to talk to in relation to this setup, to arrange payment and delivery

Regards

Anthony
    Hi Anthony,

I tried to call you there but couldn't get through.

Just wanted to let you know that your speakers will all be with you tomorrow. The amp had to ship separately so it should be with you by Thursday.

Please let me know if you have any issues with the delivery.

Kind regards

David

Hi Anthony,

Just wanted to let you know that your speakers will all be with you tomorrow. The amp had to ship separately so it should be with you by Thursday.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David

Iam looking forward to blowing the head off myself lol

Hi Anthony,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David

Iam looking forward to blowing the head off myself lol
    :D Let me know what you think of it when you get it!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.