Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Travel Notification option

Options
  • 26-09-2018 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

the option to notify of a travel has disappeared from the Service Desk menu options inside 365 online banking. Is there another way to inform of travel, bar calling the customer service line?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

bustaro wrote: »
    Hi,

the option to notify of a travel has disappeared from the Service Desk menu options inside 365 online banking. Is there another way to inform of travel, bar calling the customer service line?

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. We no longer ask our customers to update their travel note. Instead we ask you to make sure your contact details are up to date with ourselves. If a transaction flags as suspicious our card security team will send a text or email requesting that you confirm it as genuine. Once that is done your card will not be blocked.

Many Thanks

John

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Jennifer Eccles

Hi,

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. We no longer ask our customers to update their travel note. Instead we ask you to make sure your contact details are up to date with ourselves. If a transaction flags as suspicious our card security team will send a text or email requesting that you confirm it as genuine. Once that is done your card will not be blocked.

Many Thanks

John
    I'm annoyed by that to be honest. 
    I'm travelling to Morocco - don't intend to have me phone on unless I'm in a WiFi area. I'd much prefer that you guys took not of where I was and built it into your deliberations as to whether I needed contacting or not....   
    And what if one doesn't own a mobile phone....????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

Thanks

Hi there,

Many Thanks

John
    I'm annoyed by that to be honest. 
    I'm travelling to Morocco - don't intend to have me phone on unless I'm in a WiFi area. I'd much prefer that you guys took not of where I was and built it into your deliberations as to whether I needed contacting or not....   
    And what if one doesn't own a mobile phone....????

Hi there,
    Thanks for getting back in touch.
    We would also send you an email in relation to this that you can reply to so that no stops are blocks are placed on your card. This would only be sent to you if our card security team flag a transaction attempted on your account.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement