If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE50NU7400

Options
  • 26-09-2018 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi John & team,

I am looking for a 49/50 inch UHD Smart LED TV. I want a decent brand within a price range of 600-700 EUR. The above Samsung seems to fit the bracket at £554...what is the cost of delivery in Ireland?

Can you confirm I may pay in Sterling and incur my own bank's fx conversion charge instead of paying the Euro quoted price on the richersounds.ie website?

I see the Samsung UE50NU7400 comes with Netflix & BBC iPlayer as apps - is Youtube an app pre-installed also?

Finally, based on my requirements, would you recommend any other TV's which may be suitable or better quality/value?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

66_Lad wrote: »
    Hi John & team,

I am looking for a 49/50 inch UHD Smart LED TV. I want a decent brand within a price range of 600-700 EUR. The above Samsung seems to fit the bracket at £554...what is the cost of delivery in Ireland?

Can you confirm I may pay in Sterling and incur my own bank's fx conversion charge instead of paying the Euro quoted price on the richersounds.ie website?

I see the Samsung UE50NU7400 comes with Netflix & BBC iPlayer as apps - is Youtube an app pre-installed also?

Finally, based on my requirements, would you recommend any other TV's which may be suitable or better quality/value?

Thanks
    Hi 66_Lad,

The 50NU7400 is a fantastic TV and does have Youtube pre installed however this TV is currently unavailable for shipping to Ireland. It would have to be collected from our Belfast store.

Around that price the only model I would recommend above it would be the Panasonic TX49FX70 at 758 euro including shipping to Ireland. It has a better panel and a great smart hub as well:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203239-401906.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

Hi 66_Lad,

The 50NU7400 is a fantastic TV and does have Youtube pre installed however this TV is currently unavailable for shipping to Ireland. It would have to be collected from our Belfast store.

Around that price the only model I would recommend above it would be the Panasonic TX49FX70 at 758 euro including shipping to Ireland. It has a better panel and a great smart hub as well:

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Apologies for delay in responding. I see on another thread on this forum that the LG 50UK6750PLD is retailing at £529 with £6.99 delivery to Ireland, but has £30 off this weekend using FLASH30 discount code. From reading the spec's, this seems quite similar to the Samsung UE50NU7400 model I was looking at - are there any obvious differences which would make the LG noticeably inferior to the Samsung, or would the LG be equally as good?

Would the delivered cost be £506 if I purchase this weekend, and do I do this online or via PM here on Boards?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

66_Lad wrote: »
    Hi 66_Lad,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Apologies for delay in responding. I see on another thread on this forum that the LG 50UK6750PLD is retailing at £529 with £6.99 delivery to Ireland, but has £30 off this weekend using FLASH30 discount code. From reading the spec's, this seems quite similar to the Samsung UE50NU7400 model I was looking at - are there any obvious differences which would make the LG noticeably inferior to the Samsung, or would the LG be equally as good?

Would the delivered cost be £506 if I purchase this weekend, and do I do this online or via PM here on Boards?

Thanks
    Hi 66_Lad,

The LG and the Samsung would be quite similar, in fact I would prefer the LGs smart hub over Samsungs. I also think the LGs panels have better colour representation, they're a bit more natural.

Total price including shipping and a 6 year guarantee would be £505.99 fir the LG 50UK6750.

Kind regards

David

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

...just as an aside guys,

The BBC app is not available in the ROI and as a general rule we cannot guarantee specific apps on any platform as these can be changed due to geographical location and also they can be removed by the app provider or platform controller at any time and unfortunately this is beyond our control.

Thanks guys and drop me a line as ever if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.