Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Mario Party (Switch)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Feck Smash, lads. This is the family party game for Christmas. That looks brilliant! :)

• Mr E wrote: »
    Feck Smash, lads. This is the family party game for Christmas. That looks brilliant! :)

Absolutely. I've no interest in Smash tbh
    Mario Party is a great on for Xmas day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Mr E wrote: »

There's a bundle coming with a pink/green joycon set bundled. It's not cheap, but it's cheaper than buying both separately if you're buying the game anyway and need to up your controller availability.

Watched the video. Want to dismiss it as ****e. Really want to sit around the telly with the family while the kids scream at me for being mean because I'm kicking their non-gamer asses and my wife laments the quieter times when we used to silently strangle eachother over Overcooked...

Just watched a 20 minute stream of Mario Party by the NVC crew. This game looks like so much fun. :)
    I hope it reviews well - it will be the perfect Christmas game.
    Out on Friday week.

I've pulled some recent Mario Party posts into a single thread for discussion.

Famitsu scores are out today and Super Mario Party got 8/8/9/9 (which I think is very good for a party game).

https://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-review-scores-9-25-18/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Can't wait for this. Will have my copy waiting for me in Smyths next Friday. 50e is a pretty good price for a game that will get rolled out with the family for the next few months/years.

I've two young nieces that dabble on their Wii U and I've bought a few age and complexity-suitable games for them over the past year but this could really put gaming on the map for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I was slightly disappointed that the board gameplay part isnt online and only minigames are online, but it will be fun anyways, so ill probably pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hmm....very tempted but I'd need extra joy-cons - we currently only have the ones that came with the switch and having 2 kids means and a the Mrs means we'd need the extra ones. 110 You-yos in Smyths - fair whack to drop on a single game

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fuko200

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Hmm....very tempted but I'd need extra joy-cons - we currently only have the ones that came with the switch and having 2 kids means and a the Mrs means we'd need the extra ones. 110 You-yos in Smyths - fair whack to drop on a single game

I preordered the bundle in Gamestop for 120 - I mostly got them for the joycons since each one is about 60 in cex. The bundle is a ctually a good deal since joycon pairs are typically a 100 each depending.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

deadl0ck wrote: »

Is it worth getting with only two Joycons?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Dunno - I'd want to play it with the family as a whole so I need 2 set of Joy cons

Yeah the review embargo is up.

Seems to be 7 or 8 out of 10 across the board.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Great. I have it preordered, then shortly after remembered how meh the series had been. Reviews are up a notch over the last few.

Polygon review is up:

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/reviews/2018/10/3/17930670/super-mario-party-review-nintendo-switch
    On a console that feels like it’s starting to overflow with third-party releases, Super Mario Party is an essential party game to win over family and friends during the upcoming holiday season. This Mario Party goes back to what makes the series so captivating, and it feels like I’ve rediscovered why I enjoyed the first title almost 20 years ago. This is the first Mario Party title in a while that’s worth your time and attention

IGN are less enthusiastic.

https://ie.ign.com/articles/2018/10/03/super-mario-party-review
    Super Mario Party is the best Mario Party in two console generations, but even with a few real winners among the 80 minigames, the party might get stale.

Definitely grabbing it in time for Christmas though...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bought it last night

Looking forward to going home, firing it up, my wife playing it for 10 minutes and saying "this is awful (I am really bad at this)" and it never being seen again........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Bought it last night

Looking forward to going home, firing it up, my wife playing it for 10 minutes and saying "this is awful (I am really bad at this)" and it never being seen again........

Your doing it wrong, your competitive streak and superior gaming and man skills means she will get fed up very quickly. You should try have a bit of fun and a laugh and of course let her win some.
    I say this but personally I'd just win and enjoy being superior for 10 minutes and never play with her again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

First time I’ve ever played anything with the individual joy cons and it turns out the SL/SR buttons don’t work on one of them :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭mario54324

Anyone here play it enough yet? Is it good? I've heard there's only four boards in it, which is worrying for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I was going to get this later. We have the joy cons that came with the switch and one pro controller. Do we need more joy cons for 3 of us to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭AMGer

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I was going to get this later. We have the joy cons that came with the switch and one pro controller. Do we need more joy cons for 3 of us to play?

Yes, you can’t use the pro controller

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Played it a bit over the weekend both in Mario Party mode and in the riverboat mode and it was great fun even in two-player. Looking forward to getting some more people in on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Advertisement