Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertilizer for newly sown grass

Options
  • 26-09-2018 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi boardsies,
    i enlarged my garden in august and i sowed new grass. the guys who sowed it put down 10 10 20 fertilizer on it. Its looks in decent enough shape however, there is some areas of ground that are bit soft underfoot and the grass is light and patchy here. Drainage is not great here as the soil is pretty dauby/sticky, but so long as the grass grows here i dont mind underfoot conditions too much as i have an automower to cut the grass.
    Any idea of what is the best fertilizer i can do here to encourage grass coverage before the winter? 
    /thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,565 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

A typical autumn feed for a lawn would be a zero nitrogen fertiliser to strengthen roots without pushing a sloppy top growth over the winter.
    0-7-30
    0-10-20

If you have access to an agri store ask about some of the “zeros” fertiliser they might have.

Advertisement