Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prague 2019 marathon ...any recommendations

Options
  • 26-09-2018 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all. I have signed up for the 2019 Prague marathon on may the 5th ,I am hoping I can get any and all advice from anyone who has done it before.
    Places to stay / eat / visit / flights.....etc. looking to to go out on Friday 3rd returning on Monday 6th.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

I ran it in 2011. Beautiful city but stray out of the centre and I felt it was a bit rough. That said, I had no hassle at all. The metro is excellent and you can get a 3 day tourist travel ticket in the airport. It's not pricy.
    I flew via Amsterdam with Czech Airlines on the roomiest plane I've ever been on.
    I stayed in a K+K off Wenceslas Square, next to a strip club! I got a decent deal and it was a really nice hotel. The bouncers next door were very friendly too, not at all pushy and happy to chat when they knew you had no interest.
    I was a bad eater at the time so can't comment too much on food. There were loads of restaurants offering the usual mix of food. Anything you hear about the local food being all that is on offer is nonsense

Hot day on race day so not my best time but i would go back

• Registered Users Posts: 46 d7guy

Thanks for the advice ,I really appreciate.

Advertisement