Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking for Holles Street Hospital

Options
  • 26-09-2018 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Can anyone advise where is the best and cheapest place to park for Holles Street please?

I've to attend the hospital for a day procedure, travelling from the midlands. My previous apt cost me €12 for 1.5hrs parking :eek::eek::eek: Its not a viable option for me to be dropped off and collected as its a bit of spin from home so ideally i would like somewhere close by that offers all day parking at a reasonable rate.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Not going to happen tbh.

There are 4 free places but I have never seen them empty. The other option is to pay for Setanta which is expensive or park on Merrion Square which is expensive.

Can you park & ride, LUAS and DART ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

kassie wrote: »
    Can anyone advise where is the best and cheapest place to park for Holles Street please?

I've to attend the hospital for a day procedure, travelling from the midlands. My previous apt cost me €12 for 1.5hrs parking :eek::eek::eek: Its not a viable option for me to be dropped off and collected as its a bit of spin from home so ideally i would like somewhere close by that offers all day parking at a reasonable rate.

thanks in advance

Three hours parking on a public street in Merrion Sq would be approx €9 so not sure where you parked previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Marcusm wrote: »
    Three hours parking on a public street in Merrion Sq would be approx €9 so not sure where you parked previously.

Merrion sq, mount street upper and lower and even up to Fitzwilliam sq if stuck.
    Get the parking app on your phone to save you the bother of looking for a machine and you can top up if delayed from your phone.

I think you can prebook places like St Stephens green (Royal college of surgeons) for a day rate. It's 20Euro from 9-6am.
    It would be around a 20min walk down to Holles St then.

Did you park in the Setanta car park last time?
    I've never not found a spot on Merrion sq during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Our little spent 2 weeks in the ICU there, I reckon we dropped about 300 euro in parking over those 2 weeks. Frustrating that there's no patient options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Parking on Hogan Place is free (around the corner) on the side of the houses. If you could get there early as in 6:30 / 7am you could get a spot. If you don't get them, I would advise not to chance your arm...I use to live over the pub there and I've seen the clampers hide in wait up the lane and clamp everyone on the paying side come 7am! There are other free Street in the city but again it's hard to get a spot and I've seen people park at 5am and sleep in their car until 8:30 just to guarantee a spot or just park on a footpath. Dublin 2 seems particularly bad for this.

I would probably go to Setanta in Dawson St just for peace of mind and walk down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

If you're going to go as far as dawson st or stephens green for parking, look at Connolly station.

Their pricing is kinda tough to work out from the website but whichever it is, the daily rate is good. Its a 20 min walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

As it's a day procedure, are you sure you're going to be okay to drive yourself? You should check first with your doctors. Might make more sense to use public transport if you can't get someone to pick you up afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bkn00112

I’ve been coming to Holles street for over 5 days and have asked several people/ porters etc where best place to park is ,most think it’s best to park 10 mins away In multi story parking Or off one of the streets around the hospital(there’s loads) parking on Merion square will cost 2.90€ and hour
    And it’s from 7am-7pm. On SOME of the side streets it’s 8-6:30 and I think it’s around the same price (either way it’s PRICEY)
    But...if you drive down the road from Merion square past the hospital there’s a Galla(corner shop) take that right at the lights. There is red brick houses that start just on the right hand side past the pub. The parking in front of these houses is totally free. (PARKING IS *NOT* FREE ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE ROAD-ONLY THE SIDE WITH THE RED BRICK HOUSES)
    There is a right turn after the red brick houses(don’t take the turn) just past these on same side there is like another few houses/apartments ,and parking in front of these is free too.

There is only about room for 12/18 cars along this side of the road. It is hard to get them but if you pay for parking close buy these and have to go out to top up the meter you can have a look and see if one opens up (people park and go all day so you might get lucky)

Again don’t bank on it ,but within this small stretch from the red brick houses to the other apartments are free only on that side not off that road or past this area. I’ve been parking there 2/3 days now and no issues . Hope this helps anyone in the future . And good luckðŸ˜

Advertisement