Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney Flue Repair

Options
  • 26-09-2018 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Folks
    I had a survey done on my chimney as result of a report of a crack from my chimney sweep. He recommended a repair company to do a survey. Repair company did a full analysis for 280 EUR and report details repair costs coming in at 6900 EUR. Is this normal???. Its a small vertical crack in existing flue in 2 up/2 down end of terrace house. House is 25 years old. I have a stovax riva 40 in the existing fireplace. No cracks externally and no obviously damage from crack in the house at all. Team seem to want to completely replace whole flue, chimney cap, put in air vents, car monoxide detectors (room has air vents in windows and stairs off room). Price seems very excessive and no option for flexible flue liner is offered...any thoughts folks on what I should do as was not expecting it to be this much?
    cheers
    Jan
    Tagged:

Advertisement