Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starlink: Battle For Atlas

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

safetyboy wrote: »
    Just picked it up in smiths for €20 not bad.

very annoyed i paid full price, that'll teach me a lesson...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Sarn

I think I'll be picking that up on sale in the New Year. So much other stuff coming out right now and it looks like the kind of thing that will drop like a stone in price, especially the physical edition.

You were spot on. Tempting for €12.50.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd probably spend €12.50 on the Arwing model alone, it's pretty nice tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

very annoyed i paid full price, that'll teach me a lesson...

Happens everyone. This year seems especially bad with loads of newish games dropping in price. Looking at the sales the last 6 weeks I'm going to be a lot more careful buying games next year.
    Would have saved 60 on Hitman 2 & AC:Odyssey had I waited. Wasted a lot of time since buying both of them playing RDR2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I did just this yesterday. Lovely model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Devilfish698

Can't see it for 12.50 on the gamestop website, it is still showing 24.99 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Can't see it for 12.50 on the gamestop website, it is still showing 24.99 for me

You're a day late for a one day only deal. Get thee to Smyth's. Or wait till the 26th, it'll be a fiver then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Almost hoping the copy Santa is bringing doesn't have the game in so I have to buy it again, so I can have the spare Arwing. :pac:

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Almost hoping the copy Santa is bringing doesn't have the game in so I have to buy it again, so I can have the spare Arwing. :pac:

Just pretend it's Peppy!

Actually...

Could be cost effective way to have a full Starfox squadron set up in full flight from your ceiling!

But I had a quick go of the game yesterday and, I have to say, if it was released instead as a digital only Starfox game it would have made a fortune!
    It's really not that bad at all, though the controls took a little getting used to, pity I can't switch them to a more familiar setting, aside from inverting the controls/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Just pretend it's Peppy!

Actually...

Could be cost effective way to have a full Starfox squadron set up in full flight from your ceiling!

It's important that you don't come out with this idea yourself, just subtly incept the idea. Get the kids to suggest it.

Then the Mrs will tell them "you're becoming more like your father..." and that's when you roll across the floor with a quality street wrapper over one eye shouting "pretty smooth flying, (insert user name)!"

For extra credit, grab the wife around the waist and order her to "Open the wings. Check your G-Diffuser system." But maybe wait till the kids are in bed.

Banjo wrote: »
    It's important that you don't come out with this idea yourself, just subtly incept the idea. Get the kids to suggest it.

Then the Mrs will tell them "you're becoming more like your father..." and that's when you roll across the floor with a quality street wrapper over one eye shouting "pretty smooth flying, (insert user name)!"

For extra credit, grab the wife around the waist and order her to "Open the wings. Check your G-Diffuser system." But maybe wait till the kids are in bed.

We have drastically differing spousal attitudes to video games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I now have all the ships but have not got to use them as the little ones have divided them up between them and are rescuing My Little Ponies from Space Prison. I don't know why the ponies were in prison, it doesn't seem to be an important plot point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,050 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Well I think, after admittedly only a short play, it's good fun. Playing coop works well too, picked up a additional mount thing for a tenner in gamestop before Christmas. I even think the toy part is good!

Like the way the ships attach to the controller and little details like seeing the pilot through the cockpit. Don't think I'd have paid 30 euro or whatever the additional ships are, but if they are around the tenner again I'm definitely getting more.

Kids knew nothing about the game but they love it so far, so very happy. Shame for ubisoft a decent game has tanked because the toy to life thing is dead in the water.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well I think, after admittedly only a short play, it's good fun. Playing coop works well too, picked up a additional mount thing for a tenner in gamestop before Christmas. I even think the toy part is good!

Like the way the ships attach to the controller and little details like seeing the pilot through the cockpit. Don't think I'd have paid 30 euro or whatever the additional ships are, but if they are around the tenner again I'm definitely getting more.

Kids knew nothing about the game but they love it so far, so very happy. Shame for ubisoft a decent game has tanked because the toy to life thing is dead in the water.

Smyths have a sale on them, I think I seen them for 10 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Is 20 the best price for the starter kit now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Is 20 the best price for the starter kit now?

Yes, but I'd give it time, it could fall even further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

For those who have played the game, how necessary/desirable are the extra ships and weapons.

Really don’t like the toy think and might get the digital version on sale from the Russian eShop, but not sure whether the regular one does the trick or is the deluxe version the one to go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bob24 wrote: »
    For those who have played the game, how necessary/desirable are the extra ships and weapons.

Honestly I don't think they are at all. It's a fun game but there's really nothing added by the plastic toys at all and it's not something you're going to replay.

I think 99% of people will play through it with the Starfox stuff and be done with it.

I played a bit last night and it's fun, the ship controls are weird though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I quite enjoyed this game and according to the news feed on my switch there's new, free?, content coming in April:
    • Peppy, Slippy, and Falco added as playable characters
    • New Star Fox missions
    • Starship races
    • Faction missions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I quite enjoyed this game and according to the news feed on my switch there's new, free?, content coming in April:
    • Peppy, Slippy, and Falco added as playable characters
    • New Star Fox missions
    • Starship races
    • Faction missions

Yup, it was announced during the Direct in mid Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Madlads, the toys will be selling for cents by then, but fair play to keeping up the support for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If they had just not bothered with the whole Toys to Life stuff, it could have done much better. It's a fun, if repetitive, game that is hurt by its T2L roots - no need for it. They should have just released a Nintendo Starfox edition with a statue rather than forcing it to be part of gameplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Picked up the starter kit in the recent sale for around €18 euro. It's a great game. Like no mans sky but with stuff to do.

I've put a serious amount of hours into it over the last week or so and still find it gets better each planet i visit.

Just went looking for the Starfox DLC, to see if I wanted to buy it and get back into this properly, but can't find it, am I going mad?

Can't see it on the eShop or the Ubisoft site and can't see how to buy it in game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just went looking for the Starfox DLC, to see if I wanted to buy it and get back into this properly, but can't find it, am I going mad?

Can't see it on the eShop or the Ubisoft site and can't see how to buy it in game...

Is it not built in on switch ?

Thought you had to buy the new Starfox missions?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

It's not listed on the Nintendo UK site for some reason, but it's buried in with the individual weapon/pilot DLC packs as "Star Fox Team Pilot Pack" - it'll add the pilots to your roster and when playing as each of them you get new missions.

I haven't picked it up yet as I'm still slowly going through the main game so no idea how good it is. I tried out the Crimson Moon update when it dropped but got a bit bored of it after an hour or two and went back to the main game.

• Advertisement

Thanks, finished the game a while ago, will have a look tomorrow and see if I want to buy the DLC

Advertisement