Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exceeded Fair Usage - Poll

Options
  • 26-09-2018 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭

Afternoon Boardies.

Since July, Eir has changed their "Unlimited Broadband" to "Truly Unlimited Broadband". This has removed the 1TB per month "Fair Usage Policy" that was in place on their original "Unlimited Broadband" package.

It has subsequently come to pass that, in the intervening couple of months, myself and another few Boardies have exceeded our FUP allowance, having never had an issue with it before.

This could be just a coincidence, but it'd be interesting to see how many people have been affected in the same way.

So, in the last couple of months, have you exceeded your FUP allowance?

1. Soarer
    2. Fuzzy Logic
    3. Buttros

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Yeah I got stung for it and thankfully our contract is up in about 6 weeks so the cancellation team will be getting a call

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gerard1970

Hi Soarer,

Since February 2018 - apart from 2 months - I've (my kids really) exceeded the 1TB limit and I've been hit with heft excess usage charges. 

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Buttros

Exceeded for the first time in August... 80 eur charge I think... Can't log in via the app

• Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭Soarer

gerard1970 wrote: »
    Hi Soarer,

Since February 2018 - apart from 2 months - I've (my kids really) exceeded the 1TB limit and I've been hit with heft excess usage charges. 
    Buttros wrote: »
    Exceeded for the first time in August... 80 eur charge I think... Can't log in via the app

Cheers lads.

@gerard1970. Thanks for the info. I'm really trying to get an idea of the amount of people that went over their limit for the first time after Eir changed to "Truly Unlimited Broadband" in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gerard1970

Soarer wrote: »
    gerard1970 wrote: »
    Hi Soarer,

Buttros wrote: »

Cheers lads.

@gerard1970. Thanks for the info. I'm really trying to get an idea of the amount of people that went over their limit for the first time after Eir changed to "Truly Unlimited Broadband" in July.
    No problem Soarer.

• Advertisement

Bump.

Definitely more than 3 of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

Yeah add me in too

*Edit* I should mention they waived the charge for me as it's a first time offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Waived it for me as well in July as it was a once off.

How much was waived lads?

Advertisement