Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid Invoice in Ireland

Options
  • 26-09-2018 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

I am doing my taxes and discovered that an invoice for about €1,100 was not paid from last January. I noticed last January and followed up. They said they would pay and as they had always paid previously, I assumed they would pay but I discovered this week they had not.

When contacted, the client responded with a vague answer of possible payment at year end.

Is there any inexpensive way that I can force payment for such an amount?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Looks like the client has cash flow issues. An unpaid invoice from January means there are eight months of other companies’ unpaid invoices as well as yours that the client is juggling to pay. You need to get to the top of the pile otherwise you will get nothing.

The fastest and cheapest way to getting paid is to call the client and tell them you are going to call into them on x date, as you are in the area, and want to collect your cheque. If they try to fob you off, call in anyway and DO NOT leave the premises until you have payment.

It may sound a bit harsh but it has been proven to be the most effective way. Don’t threaten or do anything sinister while you’re there. Just sit and wait.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Soletraders

How did you get on with that invoice?

Advertisement