Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Broadband

Options
  • 26-09-2018 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi,

I am in an area in Galway where Fibre is being currently rolled out. I had the Eir Sales representative call to my house and I signed up for Broadband & phone line package. I waited for the installation and nobody arrived! I contacted the Sales Rep and he said that the order had to be cancelled because the repeater box on the pole outside my house was not commissioned!!! It is literally across the road from my house but I now find that it appears that my house is not on the fibre rollout map at all. The section of the main road that I live on has been omitted! See photo, The red dot is the pole across from my house with the black box on it. I have waited years for broadband to arrive in my area, can anything be done?

Thanks,

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Naux wrote: »
    Hi,

I am in an area in Galway where Fibre is being currently rolled out. I had the Eir Sales representative call to my house and I signed up for Broadband & phone line package. I waited for the installation and nobody arrived! I contacted the Sales Rep and he said that the order had to be cancelled because the repeater box on the pole outside my house was not commissioned!!! It is literally across the road from my house but I now find that it appears that my house is not on the fibre rollout map at all. The section of the main road that I live on has been omitted! See photo, The red dot is the pole across from my house with the black box on it. I have waited years for broadband to arrive in my area, can anything be done?

Thanks,

D
    Hi there Naux

Thank you so much for getting in touch with us here.

I'm so sorry to hear that you can't avail of the services. If an order was placed and then cancelled due to the reason stated above, there would be nothing more that we will be able to assist with. I completely understand just how frustrating this must and hopefully the service will be available to you in the near future.

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Naux

Kyle,

Why are you thanking me?

I am the one that is seeking some assistance from you & Eir.

Who do I contract with regard to commissioning the infrastructure? Surely if the pole is outside my house and I want to become an Eir customer they will commission the box?

The Eir Sales Representative that I signed the contract with told me to contact Openeir. The responses that I received when I queried Openeir on their twitter feed were dismal. It must be run from somewhere outside of Ireland as the English on the replies was very poor and answers seemed completely generic.

Rgds

D   

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

If you post in the following thread in the broadband forum we will try to get you a better answer. Your picture is not showing by the way.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057871133

Advertisement