Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I paying too much tax?

• 26-09-2018 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi everyone, I have full time 12ph job while single paying 58 euro in tax. Is it usual tax rate in my situation? Couple years ago I was on minimum wage and paid around 10euro every week. I asked for statements from Revenue, which to my surprise said that I underpaid, so my tax credit is lowered next year.

Should I go to Revenue and talk in person? I am confused by how much I pay compared to when I earned around 20% less.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,143 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

How many hours per week do you work?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

€58 could be too much, just right, or too little. It's impossible to tell without knowing your weekly pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I earn nearly the same an hour, 40 hours a week and get taxed about 85 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59,669 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Assuming a 40 hour week and regular 'single person' tax status, here's what my calculator shows:

U3OhlVK.png

Edit: If you have a full medical card, the USC would be €6.14 per week.

Advertisement