Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Declaration of identity

Options
  • 26-09-2018 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

So we have sale agreed on a property in July. We have the survey report done. The solicitor once mentioned that they wanted the surveyor to issue us a declaration of identity. Now everyone wants to close the deal and the declaration of identity is still missed, I asked the solicitor whether it’s ok without. I’m still waiting for their reply. Is it important? What is the declaration for? Does every one get it when buying a property?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

booksale wrote: »
    So we have sale agreed on a property in July. We have the survey report done. The solicitor once mentioned that they wanted the surveyor to issue us a declaration of identity. Now everyone wants to close the deal and the declaration of identity is still missed, I asked the solicitor whether it’s ok without. I’m still waiting for their reply. Is it important? What is the declaration for? Does every one get it when buying a property?

It's basically a letter from engineer or surveyor stating that the dwelling and associated services such as septic tanks etc are located within the site boundary on the ground and also that the boundary on the ground is the same as that shown in folio and similarly matches the planning permission site boundary as granted.
    It's no big deal to get if everything is right. If not, it will be a show stopper.
    If you got surveyor to do a full check that included boundary survey and planning inspection, they should be able to issue declarariin without leaving their desk.
    Saying that, I believe it should come from owner of the property

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

THANKS. 
    I dont think the owner can provide the declaration now. If we ask the surveyor to do this, do we usually need to pay extra (on top of the money for the surveyor report)? 
    The surveyor checked the boundary and the septic tank. We've got documents from owners to proof that the septic tank service and water supply are in the property already. So do we still need to declaration?

Advertisement