Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

golf societies

Options
  • 26-09-2018 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a list of golf societies in the meath area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Are you looking to join a society or to make contact with them all for something? If you’re looking for one to join I’d check with your local gaa club or large local bar, if they don’t have one they can most likely tell you the closest one

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

Are you looking to join a society or to make contact with them all for something? If you’re looking for one to join I’d check with your local gaa club or large local bar, if they don’t have one they can most likely tell you the closest one
    lm looking to join one ..Do you know if most of them finish their season in September ?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hammerdub

lm looking to join one ..Do you know if most of them finish their season in September ?

Most towns have a local golf society ,where are you living ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

I don’t play in a society but I’d imagine most of them finish as winter rules start to come in. Someone here should be along soon with a bit more knowledge than me. Best of luck with it

Im Living in Kells co meath ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Gerry's Bar in Carlanstown have one, not sure on the season they run.

Thanks I will look them up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,973 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

why not join the boards golf society?

Yes I was thinking off that

But do they play most rounds in Dublin that would be a lot of travelling for me

Yes I was thinking off that

But do they play most rounds in Dublin that would be a lot of travelling for me

no, all over. was only 1 dublin event this year

im pretty sure most golf societies involve some travel to get to play different and good courses.

if you think dublin is to far from meath..... maybe the boards society is not for you :cool:

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    no, all over. was only 1 dublin event this year

im pretty sure most golf societies involve some travel to get to play different and good courses.

if you think dublin is to far from meath..... maybe the boards society is not for you :cool:

I will look into boards society will they play after September or finish for season

I will look into boards society will they play after September or finish for season

last official outing was last week

next is the ryder jug in october, but you have to qualify to play in that

will be outings posted for 2019 soon enough i imagine so keep your eye on the threads

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭hammerdub

Athboy (Floods Bar) have a golf society, Brays bar in Fordstown have one, I think Collinstown also have one. A good few pubs in Navan also have societies, most societies run from March to October.

Advertisement