Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Road Bike

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Hi Guys,

Looking at getting into road biking, anyone have any opinions on the below?

http://www.fitzcycles.ie/p/3363/bmc-bikes

Bike 2 work job,

Cheers

lovely bike, couldn't argue much against it, i would usually recommend an alloy frame with a better group set than sora for your first bike. The new 105 gear set is superb now so I would tend to look for a bike with that

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Would Sora not be enough for a first bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Would Sora not be enough for a first bike?

Why not get a first bike that doesn’t need a second ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ted1 wrote:
    Why not get a first bike that doesn’t need a second ?

What sort of cyclist are you? Ban him I say!

Gears aren't the issue it's the ****ty breaks that end of the market usually . I rode a sora group set for ages and given the roads I ride I'm not much better off on a 105 group set on my current bike. That BMC is nice looking though and there abouts the right money if the breaks are decent on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Is the frame tiny? Or are BMC frames measured differently ?

RossieMan wrote: »
    Is the frame tiny? Or are BMC frames measured differently ?

You need to throw your leg over a first bike imo. Size charts would have me on anything from a 49 to a 54 over a different manufactures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Thanks for the reply’s lads, sounds like a decent enough bike so!

Size wise it’s actuakly perfect it’s a 51, I’m owed to mountain biking, size seems to vary quite a bit on the road bikes!!

Advertisement