Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home alarms

Options
  • 26-09-2018 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm looking into a home alarms. I have been told to avoid any with a monthly fee as they are not worth the money. I am looking for a standard alarm for my 4 bedroom semi-detached in Donabate. Pyronix have been recommended but i'm unsure if i should buy an alarm then find someone to fit it?

When I search online for an alarm fitter they are all quoting a monthly or annual fee. Are there any fitters out there that will fit a pre bought alarm or will provide theirs as a one-off fee?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Fox Alarms, based on the Rathbeale road, have always found them to be sound. I've never paid a monitoring fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CMack88

rushfan wrote: »
    Fox Alarms, based on the Rathbeale road, have always found them to be sound. I've never paid a monitoring fee.

Thanks I'll contact them, they are so many options about wireless, lan, remote control etc. Hopefully they can help. It beats the 500 quid yearly fees ive been getting quoted!

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Does the €500 yearly fee include a call out to check everything is in order?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Jimmy. wrote: »
    Does the €500 yearly fee include a call out to check everything is in order?

I’d imagine it includes maintenance, battery replacement and a subsidized install.

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Let’s not speculate, battery would be a no no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 CMack88

No it doesnt even give a 'free' service, it is on going tech support and to call the guards etc if the alarm is triggered

• Registered Users Posts: 68,548 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The alarm and sensors will let you know quite voiceferously if there's an issue so visits are not required. Batteries are nearly never covered

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

We went with 'Gard' alarms after a colleague of my partner recommened them.

Found them excellent value, friendly and professional to deal with, and having researched many makes/modles of alarms we went with the HKC Quantum.

We went with self monitored system with text alerts to as many phones as you want and remote access via an app.

We've found it brilliant so far.

Edit: we did get a quote from phonewatch, I felt it was very high! My parents have it for years now, but after seeing our system they will be switching shortly to what we have.

Advertisement