Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agreed price on call and noe charging me more

Options
  • 26-09-2018 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

I signed up to your broadband today, I was initially quoted 39.99 on the call, I told her it was 34.99 online, she said she would give me the online price.

I recieved the details with the order and its showing 39.99.

Can you please sort this ASAP

Phone recording will confirm 34.99 as agreed price.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

I signed up to your broadband today, I was initially quoted 39.99 on the call, I told her it was 34.99 online, she said she would give me the online price.

I recieved the details with the order and its showing 39.99.

Can you please sort this ASAP

Phone recording will confirm 34.99 aa agreed price.

In fact it is now showing 41.99 when i log into the account but 39.99 in the order email!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭RobiePAX

Hi Sundance_Kid,

Don't worry about the discount. From my experience it's a common question and is easily resolvable. Due to technical limitations, if your new account is currently "pending-active" which means your order is currently in progress then nothing can be changed about your account until it goes fully live within next 7 days, including discounts. As soon as your account is fully active Eir Care Team will be able to add extra 5 euro discount for 12 months on your account. Just make sure you remind them then.

As for 39.99 and 41.99. You get 2 euro direct debit discount if you agreed to setting up direct debit on your account. If you requested manual payments instead, then you don't get it. In my experience this discount for some reason is not showing up on the contract, but definitely is there if direct debit is setup so don't worry, 41.99 is actually 39.99. While 36.99 will actually be 34.99 when you get your discount.

RobiePAX wrote: »
    Hi Sundance_Kid,

Don't worry about the discount. From my experience it's a common question and is easily resolvable. Due to technical limitations, if your new account is currently "pending-active" which means your order is currently in progress then nothing can be changed about your account until it goes fully live within next 7 days, including discounts. As soon as your account is fully active Eir Care Team will be able to add extra 5 euro discount for 12 months on your account. Just make sure you remind them then.

As for 39.99 and 41.99. You get 2 euro direct debit discount if you agreed to setting up direct debit on your account. If you requested manual payments instead, then you don't get it. In my experience this discount for some reason is not showing up on the contract, but definitely is there if direct debit is setup so don't worry, 41.99 is actually 39.99. While 36.99 will actually be 34.99 when you get your discount.

Hi Robbie, thanks for reply.

I would like official confirmation of this as I dont trust them based on previous experiences.

Whatever incompetent staff they have monitoring their twitter page wants me to tell him the exact time I rang them at yesterday.
    Like seriously can you not see these details yourself??

Can someone from Ireland working in Eir please address this and not someone from an offshore service center managing your twitter account who is now telling me to ring you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

RobiePAX wrote: »
    Hi Sundance_Kid,

Hi Robbie, thanks for reply.

I would like official confirmation of this as I dont trust them based on previous experiences.

Whatever incompetent staff they have monitoring their twitter page wants me to tell him the exact time I rang them at yesterday.
    Like seriously can you not see these details yourself??

Can someone from Ireland working in Eir please address this and not someone from an offshore service center managing your twitter account who is now telling me to ring you.
    Hi there Sundance_Kid

Thank you for getting in touch. If agents asked you for times & dates, it could be because they would need this to trace a call so the call can be listened to as you're disputing what you agreed to.

If there are notes left on the account stating that you opted in for €34.99, the discount can simply be added.

If you'd like to, you can contact me on Twitter so I can take a look into this for you. Just DM and ask to speak to myself.

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there Sundance_Kid

Thank you for getting in touch. If agents asked you for times & dates, it could be because they would need this to trace a call so the call can be listened to as you're disputing what you agreed to.

If there are notes left on the account stating that you opted in for €34.99, the discount can simply be added.

If you'd like to, you can contact me on Twitter so I can take a look into this for you. Just DM and ask to speak to myself.

-Kyle

Hi Kyle

I phoned up and spoke to someone in Sales who was was able to help me and confirmed the person who spoke to me when I signed up left out some important details that they should have informed me of.

I gave a time and date of the call so not sure why I was then told to ring up customer care by your Twitter team.

I would have expected your technology to be able to confirm what time the account holder phoned at.

Anyway, thanks for replying on here. Should hopefully be ok.

Also heard that sooner rather than later more of your team(s) will be moving back onshore and to the one building, so should hopefully improve the overall customer experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Sundance_kid,

Unfortunately our Twitter team would not have access to listen to call recordings therefore they could not feedback on this and would always advise to contact our call centre in this instance.

Thanks so much for your feedback. We will be sure to pass it on.

Sarah

Advertisement