Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iCloud account locked due to security reasons

Options
  • 26-09-2018 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

Hi guys hope you can help me with this one!

I got kicked out of my iCloud account due to security reasons. I went to sign in an d it is giving me the option of either having an email sent to recover the account or answer security questions. The email they are sending the recovery mail to is the locked account in question and it is rejecting my security questions which I'm sure are right. I am not being given the option to reset my security questions. I have tried doing a restore in recovery mode on the phone and it is locked to my previous account due to activation lock. Any tips?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭timefora_J

You've got a few options.

Get access to the email account the reset password email is going to and reset the password yourself.

Give Apple a shout they can verify your identity using your 3 questions instead of the 2 you are seeing, they also have other means possibly. IF successful the reset password email can be sent to another email address you have access to.

Get your proof of purchase, receipt, invoice for the device and give Apple a call they can send it for review, if all is good the lock will be removed within a few days. But you still won't have access to your Appleid.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭peter4918

There should also be a third option to have Apple call you with a 6 or 8 digit reset code. I had to use it myself lately and it allowed me access and I was able to reset my password.

Advertisement