Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm behaving oddly

Options
  • 27-09-2018 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have an old alarm in the house, it was put in before we got there. It has an Aritech panel on it. Over the past two nights, the alarm has gone off in the middle of the night despite not being armed.

To disable it, I put in the code and it stops. Then the panel shows a message saying, "Events", "Remote", "rem.discon.1".

Can anyone shed any light on what might be causing this? It's particularly interesting that the alarm goes off despite it not being armed. I've also checked the zones after I turn it off by pressing the down arrow twice and it states "All Closed".

Any thoughts? Or ideas on what I check? Any chance someone is tampering with the alarm from outside the house?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's a well known issue with many of those panels.
    Try power cycle the system. If the problem reoccurs best to power down the panel completely.

Advertisement