Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline Public Relations

Options
  • 27-09-2018 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

How active are the Airline PR machines, I noticed this morning on the Independent website for the man trying to get on the plane etc.... that they used a picture with an Aerlingus plane to the front and I like many assumed it was an AL plane before reading the story further. I notice now a few hours later the picture is changed to a Ryanair plane.

Is this something Independent would change by themselves or is it likely that a PR department would ask for it to be changed?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

The Indo (and other media outlets) regularly use incorrect images. They probably hastily cobbled that story together using a stock image.

The correction could have been from a reader, Aer Lingus as a spot by Indo staff themselves. You sometimes see retractions or apologies in the newspapers, I would attribute these to complaints from an affected company.

Advertisement