If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cinema system

Options
  • 27-09-2018 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi folks,

I'm very much new to this.

Just before Christmas I got the LG OLED 55B7V. I have so far been watching 4k movies on my Xbox one x and watching 4k videos here and there on youtube.
    I am looking to upgrade my setup to have a proper speaker system. Would you recommend getting a better 4k blu ray player, a receiver, wired or wireless speakers?
    Just looking for some tips on where to start, like many other I'd say I will do this in stages.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi folks,

I'm very much new to this.

Just before Christmas I got the LG OLED 55B7V. I have so far been watching 4k movies on my Xbox one x and watching 4k videos here and there on youtube.
    I am looking to upgrade my setup to have a proper speaker system. Would you recommend getting a better 4k blu ray player, a receiver, wired or wireless speakers?
    Just looking for some tips on where to start, like many other I'd say I will do this in stages.

Thanks in advance
    Hi robertbobert,

A 4K blu ray player with 4K blu rays would definitely make an improvement however you will notice a massive difference in the sound quality if you upgrade the sound system. I would always recommend a wired surround system as the wireless systems and soundbars never give you the same effect as a good surround system.

I would start off looking at an AV receiver and a good set of surround speakers. I would recommend the new Denon AVRX2500 with a set of Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 speakers. The amp is incredible and the speakers pack a huge punch for all the size of them:

https://www.richersounds.com/denon-avrx2500-monitor-audio-mass-5-1.html

We currently have these in a bundle deal at £949 and it's one of the best systems to go for in my opinion.

Let me know what you think, but I would say a good amp and speakers would be the best place to start.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 35 robertbobert

Hi robertbobert,

A 4K blu ray player with 4K blu rays would definitely make an improvement however you will notice a massive difference in the sound quality if you upgrade the sound system. I would always recommend a wired surround system as the wireless systems and soundbars never give you the same effect as a good surround system.

I would start off looking at an AV receiver and a good set of surround speakers. I would recommend the new Denon AVRX2500 with a set of Monitor Audio Mass 5.1 speakers. The amp is incredible and the speakers pack a huge punch for all the size of them:

We currently have these in a bundle deal at £949 and it's one of the best systems to go for in my opinion.

Let me know what you think, but I would say a good amp and speakers would be the best place to start.

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks very much for getting back to me.
    Does this system come with all cables and connections required for setting it up?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi robertbobert,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Thanks very much for getting back to me.
    Does this system come with all cables and connections required for setting it up?
    Hi robertbobert,

That would be for the amp and speakers alone. If you let me know what length of cables you'd need I can work out a good price for you for the interconnects?

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.