If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something for a squeezebox

Options
  • 27-09-2018 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi

Hope someone can guide me.

I use a Squeezebox touch in the bedroom, currently linked to a well due for retirement LG surround sound amp/sub combi with two satellite speakers connected.
    I have been very happy with this as for night time I could set it low and put on the sleep timer, and for when I wanted the bit of power, I give it a bit of volume for some old Dance tunes or Metal ðŸ˜

Any suggestions for a replacement either a small hifi or maybe a small soundbar (if that's something people use them for)
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi

Hope someone can guide me.

I use a Squeezebox touch in the bedroom, currently linked to a well due for retirement LG surround sound amp/sub combi with two satellite speakers connected.
    I have been very happy with this as for night time I could set it low and put on the sleep timer, and for when I wanted the bit of power, I give it a bit of volume for some old Dance tunes or Metal ðŸ˜

Any suggestions for a replacement either a small hifi or maybe a small soundbar (if that's something people use them for)
    Thanks
    Hi Coolbreeze01,

If you're using it mainly for music I would go for a small hifi as you would get a much better sound out of it than a soundbar.

I would look at something like the Tangent Ampster, a very compact stereo amp with analogue and digital inputs for £149, and a set of Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers which won the What Hi Fi award for best speakers up to £400 and retail at £279.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭coolbreeze01

Hi Coolbreeze01,

If you're using it mainly for music I would go for a small hifi as you would get a much better sound out of it than a soundbar.

I would look at something like the Tangent Ampster, a very compact stereo amp with analogue and digital inputs for £149, and a set of Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers which won the What Hi Fi award for best speakers up to £400 and retail at £279.

Kind regards

David

Thanks David.

Looks nice.

Just a couple of thing I should have noted, I was looking for something that had sleep mode for playing music for going to sleep and my budget was hopefully about €250-300.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Coolbreeze01,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David.

Looks nice.

Just a couple of thing I should have noted, I was looking for something that had sleep mode for playing music for going to sleep and my budget was hopefully about €250-300.
    Cool,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - not sure how you were missed :o

How about the Denon DM41 system - this has a variable sleep timer that you can set between 10 -90 minutes:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13042-black-319228.aspx

Right on target budget wise if yuo keep your existing speakers and you just have to check the reviews out to see how well it performs! 

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can help in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Sorry for delay in getting back. 

It looks like a good piece of kit alright  

I was hoping to upgrade the speakers too as they are quite basic, could you do a deal on the Denon with something like the Q Acoustic 2010i or 2020i?

Are there wall/bracket mounts on either speaker?

Thanks 

Hi Cool,

the DM41 will work really well with the QA 2010i or QA2020i - we are just at the end of the Q Acoustics '20' series - it's terrible as they are pretty amazing value for money and sound stunning!

We can do the following:

Denon DM41
    Q Acoustics Q2010i

£289 / €329 including delivery

Denon DM41
    Q Acoustics Q2020i

£315 / €359 including delivery

There are brackets available for the QA 2000 series but they are £17.95 / €21.99 each
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12406-q-acoustics-qa2100-bracket.aspx

Happy to do them in a bundle at 1/2 price - ie £8.99 / €10.49 each..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi Cool,

the DM41 will work really well with the QA 2010i or QA2020i - we are just at the end of the Q Acoustics '20' series - it's terrible as they are pretty amazing value for money and sound stunning!

We can do the following:

Denon DM41
    Q Acoustics Q2010i

£289 / €329 including delivery

Denon DM41
    Q Acoustics Q2020i

£315 / €359 including delivery

There are brackets available for the QA 2000 series but they are £17.95 / €21.99 each
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-12406-q-acoustics-qa2100-bracket.aspx

Happy to do them in a bundle at 1/2 price - ie £8.99 / €10.49 each..

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John just one last question I was looking on the UK website and see they've bundled the Denon with Q account 3010 for £279 can ye price match that at all?

Thanks 

No problem - that package includes the DM41 in Silver with the Q Acoustics 3010 Graphite and it's £279 + £6.99 shipping.

They are all in stock at the moment but the 3010 are short..

Thanks again and if you would like to order just drop us a PM or mail to sales@richersounds.ie and one of the guys will give you a call to arrange a delivery,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks John  

Pm sent. 

Cool,

apologies for the delay - I'm just back in the office - I'll ask Stephen our acting manager to get that all arranged for you,

Thanks again and as ever always drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.