Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill pay to prepay

Options
  • 27-09-2018 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

I emigrated to the USA and for months planning and contacting Eir to decide when best to give notice and when to transfer our bill pay mobile numbers to prepay. Initially we were told we could do it any time, eventually we found out it requires 30 days notice, it didnt matter enough to us to allow it become a problem. Our major issue is with our mobile numbers, we were told to go to an eir store the day before we flew to the USA the 17 September.

We went to the store and was told only one number can be ported at a time and it takes 24 to 48 hours, but we said we will be in the US what about our other number? They advised take a sim card and contact eir on the chat service to save money. For 3 days in the US I made contact through the chat only to be advised they were having technical issues. Day 4 I made contact again only to be told they can transfer my number using the chat and I would need phone but I said I am in the US a phone call would be expensive. He said there was no other option.

I made the call to Ireland on my mother in laws phone and initially the automated service said 10 minutes, all told the call took 41 minutes trying to get my number transferred to prepay but I was advised that it was done and would complete in 24-48 hours. It's been a week now and the number has still not ported and my account closes 27 September, I do not want to lose my number. I contacted the chat again who advised that I need phone again to Ireland and I should have done it through a shop.

I tried phoning a couple of days ago but there was a minimum 20 minute wait, whats the point of having a number for customers who are abroad and having issues if you are going to put them in long queues. 

I have sent two private messages to eir: Tracy and got no response.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi HDMI,

I'm sorry to hear this. If you could PM me with your account details I will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks,

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi HDMI,

I'm sorry to hear this. If you could PM me with your account details I will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Private message with account information sent. 

This is ridiculous, my bill pay SIM card is still active and has not been switched to prepay. 

Also no reply from either of the two eir reps that I have pm'd my details. 

Eir had no problems sending me a text asking me to pay a bill.

Any update on this? 

The last pm I got was on the 2nd October from eir Sarah and she advised.... 

"You would need to avail of a prepay SIM card and then contact our customer care team directly to port the number to prepay."

That's what my 41 minute phone call was for two weeks ago. I have pm'd my payg SIM card details to Sarah which is the same details I gave on the phone call. I even sent a photo of the sim card. I am not going to pay any 30 euro a month charges just because eir cannot get their act together.

So please either port the number to the payg sim or cancel everything. This is becoming a pointless exercise and needless expense. Years of being a customer to be treated this badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

HDMI wrote: »
    Any update on this? 

The last pm I got was on the 2nd October from eir Sarah and she advised.... 

"You would need to avail of a prepay SIM card and then contact our customer care team directly to port the number to prepay."

That's what my 41 minute phone call was for two weeks ago. I have pm'd my payg SIM card details to Sarah which is the same details I gave on the phone call. I even sent a photo of the sim card. I am not going to pay any 30 euro a month charges just because eir cannot get their act together.

So please either port the number to the payg sim or cancel everything. This is becoming a pointless exercise and needless expense. Years of being a customer to be treated this badly.
    Hi HDMI, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hi HDMI, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks Tracey 

PAYG sim in phone and seems to be active, credit is slow being added to it.

I have pm'd back about the final bill and direct debit.

Hi HDMI, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thanks Tracey 

PAYG sim in phone and seems to be active, credit is slow being added to it.

I have pm'd back about the final bill and direct debit.
    That's great to hear. 

I've responded to your PM there also. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

7 days since I added 10 euro top up through AIB and it has still not been applied to my number. The bank says eir received the money so wheres my credit? 

Screenshots pm'd to Tracey a few days ago.

Totally ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

7 days since I added 10 euro top up through AIB and it has still not been applied to my number. The bank says eir received the money so wheres my credit? 

Screenshots pm'd to Tracey a few days ago.

Totally ridiculous
    Hi there HDMI

So sorry to hear about all this. Here on Boards, we can't receive any attachments via PM. If you want, you can send me your account information & screenshot via @eircare and just ask to speak to myself. They will them notify me and I can assist you further there.

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there HDMI

So sorry to hear about all this. Here on Boards, we can't receive any attachments via PM. If you want, you can send me your account information & screenshot via @eircare and just ask to speak to myself. They will them notify me and I can assist you further there.

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't attach them in a pm I hosted the images on a photo site and gave links so they do display in a pm. But I sent them on to you @eircare

• Advertisement

Funny I sent the images as you requested and got this reply.

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, Ubuntu, "Helvetica Neue", sans-serif]I'd recommend you to send an email to our customer care team at customercare@eir.ie and they'll be happy to assist you with this. -Vaishu [/font]

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]I'd recommend you to send an email to our customer care team at customercare@eir.ie and they'll be happy to assist you with this. -Vaishu [/font]
    Hi HDMI, 

I can see you are in contact with Kyle and he has resolved your issue. 

Thanks

Tracey 

[font=system-ui, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,]I'd recommend you to send an email to our customer care team at customercare@eir.ie and they'll be happy to assist you with this. -Vaishu [/font]
    Hi HDMI, 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey

Thanks to you and Kyle this is now finally sorted. 

Hi HDMI, 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey

Thanks to you and Kyle this is now finally sorted. 
    Hi HDMI

Glad we could help

-Kyle

Silly bill received from eir for an account that was out of contract. 

PM sent to Kyle

PM sent to Kyle
    Hi HDMI

I've responded to your PM

-Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »

PM sent to Kyle
    Hi HDMI

I've responded to your PM

-Kyle
    Email sent off, thank you.

Hopefully you get everything sorted there

-Kyle

Advertisement