If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OLED TV Query

Options
  • 27-09-2018 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi Guys,

I've a open plan living room with a wall bracket in place, I'm looking to purchase an OLED TV and see that you have the below models on your website. Can you advise which is best value for money please or if you recommend any other OLED's for this price range due out? . LG seem to be one of the best brands from what I can see. Would these TV's require external speakers for big open plan room would you think? 

I intend to mainly use Sky Q and Netflix on this TV.

LGOLED55B7V
    LGOLED55B8S
    LGOLED55C8PLA

Many Thanks,

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

nero123 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I've a open plan living room with a wall bracket in place, I'm looking to purchase an OLED TV and see that you have the below models on your website. Can you advise which is best value for money please or if you recommend any other OLED's for this price range due out? . LG seem to be one of the best brands from what I can see. Would these TV's require external speakers for big open plan room would you think? 

I intend to mainly use Sky Q and Netflix on this TV.

LGOLED55B7V
    LGOLED55B8S
    LGOLED55C8PLA

Many Thanks,
    Hi Nero123,

The LG OLEDs are the best panels I've seen this year. We have a C8 on display and this has an updated smart hub with ThinQ AI as well as an Alpha 9 processor for better motion processing and colour as well as 35% better brightness than the B7. We actually have a sale on this at the moment. It is £1999 with an additional £150 off bringing it to £1849. This has a 6 year guarantee and I can ship it anywhere in Ireland for £6.99

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 38 nero123

Hi David, 

Is the LGOLED55B7V the 2017 model of the C8? Could you advise your best price in Euro for that also please. What bluetooth speakers would you recommend with these models or would the TV sound  itself suffice for a big open plan room?

Many Thanks,

Hi David, 

Is the LGOLED55B7V the 2017 model of the C8? Could you advise your best price in Euro for that also please. What bluetooth speakers would you recommend with these models or would the TV sound  itself suffice for a big open plan room?

Many Thanks,
    Hi nero123,

Unfortunately I don't have any of the OLED55B7s left, they're now discontinued and we sold the last one today! The main difference between the B7 and the C8 is the C8 has an Alpha 9 processor for better motion and colour as well as 35% better brightness on the panel. It also has ThinQ AI built into the smart hub.

Kind regards

David

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Nero,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The 55C8 is an upgraded version - the 55B8 is actually the 2018/19 direct replacement for the 2017/18 55B7:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203506-402958.aspx?swapstore=1

At the moment the LG OLED 55B8 is £1499 / €1799 but there is a £50/€50 voucher on it until Monday 1st that will take the price down to just £1449 / €1749 and the Euro pricing includes delivery and our 6 year warranty.

The OLED 55C8 is a significant step up over the B8 version ( although the B8 is pretty fantastic!) - the 55C8 is currently £1999 / €2299 but again we have a voucher that you can use on the 55C8 until Monday 1st October which will give you a £150 / €150 discount ( the code is GDFLASH150 ) taking the price on the 55C8 down to  £1849 / €2149 and again the euro pricing includes delivery and our 6 year warranty.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203216-401877.aspx

You can of course also purchase in £ GBP if you prefer - just add £6.99 for ROI delivery..

If you are purchasing the codes expire on monday!

In terms of speakers, the audio from the OLEDS is actually quite good but if you did want to enhance it we would strongly recommend a decent soundbar rather than Bluetooth speakers?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi David, 

Many Thanks,
    Hi nero123,

Unfortunately I don't have any of the OLED55B7s left, they're now discontinued and we sold the last one today! The main difference between the B7 and the C8 is the C8 has an Alpha 9 processor for better motion and colour as well as 35% better brightness on the panel. It also has ThinQ AI built into the smart hub.

Kind regards

David
    ..Not quite true!

We do actually have a small handful of LG OLED 55B7 left..

1: ..We have one brand new in a 'distressed box' ( I have personally checked it out and it's immaculate inside..)

2 : ..We have one in a sealed box but the box has had some damage and the box will have to be opened prior to dispatch or collection and the unit checked to ensure it's 100%

3: We do have one display unit remaining in A1 condition

Pricing:

1: £1149 / €1299

2: £1149 / €1299

3: £1049 / €1199

First to post gets them :)

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Hi John, is the distressed box tv still available?

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Hi John, is the distressed box tv still available?
    Hi Fr_Dougal,

Unfortunately both of our open box OLED55B7s have been sold.

Let me know if there are any others you are looking for.

Kind regards

David

Hi David, 

Many Thanks,
    Hi nero123,

Kind regards

David
    ..Not quite true!

1: ..We have one brand new in a 'distressed box' ( I have personally checked it out and it's immaculate inside..)

2 : ..We have one in a sealed box but the box has had some damage and the box will have to be opened prior to dispatch or collection and the unit checked to ensure it's 100%

Pricing:

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    PM Sent John

Hi David, 

Many Thanks,
    Hi nero123,

Kind regards

David
    ..Not quite true!

Pricing:

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    PM Sent John
    Thanks nero123!

Hi all,

Not sure if John received PM but I've decided the LG OLED 55B8 TV is the one I'd like to purchase. Can I ask for best boardsie price you can do on this please.

Kind Regards,

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi all,

Not sure if John received PM but I've decided the LG OLED 55B8 TV is the one I'd like to purchase. Can I ask for best boardsie price you can do on this please.

Kind Regards,
    Hi nero123,

The OLED55B8s is quite tight for us at the moment. If you'd like to go for one I could include shipping so it would be £1499 including shipping and a 6 year guarantee.

Let me know if you'd like to go ahead with that.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Hi David, 

Many Thanks,
    Hi nero123,

Kind regards

David
    ..Not quite true!

Pricing:

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi
    There seems to be a further drop om the refurbushed C7s on the UK website. Is there any availability through yourselves on these or are you completely out of them now...?
    Thanks!

Hi Legend99.

Unfortunately we are unable to get our hands on the those refurbished units listed on our .co.uk site.

Usually any of our clearance products get listed here on Boards but we have nothing to list at the minute.

I do still have one of the 55B7 left BNIB. This was held for a customer who now no longer wants it. Priced at £1299 with free shipping and our 6 year guarantee also included free of charge.

This is the very last one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,364 ✭✭✭positron

Came here to ask about this listing:

https://www.richersounds.com/lg-oled55b7v-1.html

But I see you have already answered that. 

Sad Panda!

Positron,

the guys have just uncovered a last lonely brand new boxed OLED 55B7 in the warehouse - if you wanted to grab this we would do it at £1199 for you brand new boxed including delivery and of course our 6 year warranty..

Keep us posted - it wont last long!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

positron wrote: »
    Came here to ask about this listing:

https://www.richersounds.com/lg-oled55b7v-1.html

But I see you have already answered that. 

Sad Panda!
    Hey Positron.

Unfortunately any of the refurbished products listed on the .co.uk site can only be purchased if living in England, Scotland or Wales.

It's very rare for us to get any refurbished products and if and when we do we always have an open box boards sale.

Only 55B7 left is a Brand new one as mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CullyA

hi lads,

sorry to jump in on this post, but if Positron is not interested in this tv can I have 2nd dibs on it??

thanks,

Alan

CullyA wrote: »
    hi lads,

sorry to jump in on this post, but if Positron is not interested in this tv can I have 2nd dibs on it??

thanks,

Alan
    Hey CullyA.

Yip if Positron does not want it, it is yours.

Positron,

the guys have just uncovered a last lonely brand new boxed OLED 55B7 in the warehouse - if you wanted to grab this we would do it at £1199 for you brand new boxed including delivery and of course our 6 year warranty..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thank you John, thats very kind of you and sounds good to me, especially with your 6 year warranty. I will PM you as soon as I get this past the one who must be obeyed (PM should be later today).

Positron,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thank you John, thats very kind of you and sounds good to me, especially with your 6 year warranty. I will PM you as soon as I get this past the one who must be obeyed (PM should be later today).
    Hi Positron,

That's no problem, let me know when you're ready!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Thanks John, Kenny, I am not taking this TV (herself made good points that this is mostly for kids to watch cr*p, and the projector we bought from yourselfs is gathering dust - we just don't watch enough contect to warrant the spending). Thanks again for the offer and for holding it for me (I think I will be back in touch soon-ish about a cheaper 55 inch like the Hisense U7A - especially if there's any deals coming up on that model..), Thanks again!

I guess it's CullyA's lucky day!

Thanks John, Kenny, I am not taking this TV (herself made good points that this is mostly for kids to watch cr*p, and the projector we bought from yourselfs is gathering dust - we just don't watch enough contect to warrant the spending). Thanks again for the offer and for holding it for me (I think I will be back in touch soon-ish about a cheaper 55 inch like the Hisense U7A - especially if there's any deals coming up on that model..), Thanks again!

I guess it's CullyA's lucky day!
    That's no problem positron, CullyA will be over the moon!

Keep me posted when you're ready to go for another model!

Kind regards

David

hi David and team,

I see payment has been taken, can you advise an ETA for this tv please.

cheers,

Alan

hi David and team,

cheers,

Alan
    Hey CullyA.

You TV is getting collected from us today and should be with you by Friday.

Our courier will drop you a text to confirm the delivery with you once it arrives into their Dublin sorting depot.

Thanks again for the order :)

hi David and team,

cheers,

Alan
    Hey CullyA.

Our courier will drop you a text to confirm the delivery with you once it arrives into their Dublin sorting depot.

yes that is cool Kenny, hoping to have it for the long weekend :)

hi David and team,

cheers,

Alan
    Hey CullyA.

yes that is cool Kenny, hoping to have it for the long weekend :)
    No problem CullyA.

Any issues please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

If you happen to find another OLED 55B7 do give me a heads up. Cheers!

AH92 wrote: »
    If you happen to find another OLED 55B7 do give me a heads up. Cheers!
    Hi AH92,

Unfortunately that's them completely gone. You would be starting now with the OLED55B8S at £1479.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭hades

Hi Guys

I'm in the market for an OLED and i'm either looking at the 55 B8 or C8, are the prices on the website €1699 and €1999 respectively the best prices available at the moment?

Which one would you recommend, is the only difference the processor?

Also, is it true what you guys said on a different thread, that you will refund the price difference if the OLEDs drop in price at Black Friday?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

The Black Friday promise is on their website.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.