Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Electricity meter

Options
  • 27-09-2018 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

My meter is reading faulty as it’s charging mostly on the night rate.
    Am I liable for a come back on the bill when the ESB realise I wasn’t paying the day rate?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi jntsk, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

We would recommend contacting our colleagues on 1850 372 372 or 01 8529534 in order to arrange a visit from a technician to fix the time-clock. A technician from ESB Networks would then check the time-clock and ensure it is set to the correct time.

Once the work is completed, a report is sent from ESB Networks to Electric Ireland to review if a billing adjustment needs to be made. This can take some time to be fully investigated.

We hope this helps. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, 
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Hi,
    I have one more question.
    I am not really using the night rate at the moment, , and I may change my Electricity bill to day rate only. Will I need a new day clock or would the day and night clock suffice once replaced with a new one, obviously. I would like every year to decide what option when my electricity contract expires.

• Company Representative Posts: 20 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Glenn

Hi jntsk,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

We just need to advise that if you would like to change from a day/night meter to a 24 hour meter, there is a fee of €191.82 payable to ESB Networks.

They will replace the day/night meter you have now, with a standard 24 hour meter.

You wouldn't need a new clock, as you are on the same rate 24/7.

If you want to go ahead with exchanging your meter to a single tariff meter, Contact our customer service on 1850 372 372 or on 01 8529534.

An agent will send the request over to ESB Networks who will then contact you to arrange an appointment, after payment is received.

If you have any further questions, please contact us.

Best regards,
    Glenn

Advertisement