Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 hours in JFK

• 27-09-2018 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Planning flights for a work trip I have to take. One routing let's me fly from Aguadilla and have 10 hours layover in JFK. Just wondering is this enough time to get out and into the city to see sights, possibly World Trade Centre. I'd be landing in JFK 9am on a Saturday and flying on again around 7pm.
    Is it worth taking the trip into the city? My other option would be drive 2 hours to San Juan and fly via Boston with only a 4 hour layover!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Yep, that's loads of time. I had a 12 hour layover a few years ago and I did WTC and also went to Cony Island which is a fair bit out of Manhattan. Just make sure you check in any large cases etc before heading into the city as you don't want to be carrying anything like that to slow you down (it'll also mean you can head straight to security/boarding gates on your way back). It shouldn't take you more then 40 mins or so to get to downtown Manhattan by subway.

I'd also recommend booking ahead any tourist activities you want to do as it should ensure quicker entry/skip the queue privileges.

JFK is a pretty crappy airport (certainly the terminal I was flying from anyway) with a lack of options for eating/shopping and with 10 hours to spare it would be a no brainer to me to go into the city to kill the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Take the AirTrain to Howard Beach, Then hop on the subway to Manhattan and you'll be at the WTC in about an hour or so.

Or take the other AirTrain to Jamaica Station and the subway will take you to Times Square in about the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭nim1bdeh38l2cw

Skuxx wrote: »
    possibly World Trade Centre.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Ah....The WTC is rebuilt (bar one tower which is still yet to be built).

• Advertisement
Advertisement