Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom email

Options
  • 27-09-2018 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    after changing from eircom broadband to vodafone i noticed that i cannot send email anymore using outlook 2016.
    tried to change outgoing server to mail.vodafone.ie but no good
    funny enough i changed at my office a few years ago and i can send email there with my work laptop (Windows 7) but cannot get it to work with my home laptop (Windows 10).
    Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Like to see answer for this too ,could never get it to work on my sons pc with windows 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fred70170

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Like to see answer for this too ,could never get it to work on my sons pc with windows 10.
    Hi Scoop64,
    In fact I just went to the Eir web chat and went through the issue. The guy told me to change my outgoing server to mail.vodafone.ie, port25, no SSL. I told him I tried this before but he asked me to try again.
    I went to outlook 2016 where in fact I add wiped out my previous account (after archiving it). Using the File, Account setting, manage profile, email account and add tab I created a brand new account. I used a POP3 account. Make sure to select manual setting in order to be able to enter all the different details above and guess what. It's working. I'm pretty sure I tried this before but all is working now. Best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Fred70170 wrote: »
    SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Hi Scoop64,
    In fact I just went to the Eir web chat and went through the issue. The guy told me to change my outgoing server to mail.vodafone.ie, port25, no SSL. I told him I tried this before but he asked me to try again.
    I went to outlook 2016 where in fact I add wiped out my previous account (after archiving it). Using the File, Account setting, manage profile, email account and add tab I created a brand new account. I used a POP3 account. Make sure to select manual setting in order to be able to enter all the different details above and guess what. It's working. I'm pretty sure I tried this before but all is working now. Best of luck
    Hi Fred70170, 

I'm glad to hear that you got the issue resolved. 

If you have any further issues please come back to me. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement