Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency tax

Options
  • 28-09-2018 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I recently had my last of a job there on Wednesday. I start the new job Monday but don’t want to get emergency taxed but haven’t received p45 yet. I went into my account on revenue but it said the job that I just left is “active”.

Anyone has this happened to you before? Should I just ring revenue or what

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Yes ring revenue and sort it out over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

When you ring have the “employer number” of tue new employer, it’s the unique code that identifies them to revenue. Ring them and they will give it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Also ask your old employer for your P45, many don't issue it until next payroll but you are entitled to it on the day you leave. They may have sent part one already to revenue.And on My Account online you can start a new Job yourself...once you have the new employer reference .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

tringle wrote: »
    Also ask your old employer for your P45, many don't issue it until next payroll but you are entitled to it on the day you leave. They may have sent part one already to revenue.And on My Account online you can start a new Job yourself...once you have the new employer reference .

Ringing revenue works quicker than entering it online.
    I’ve seen it with the last few people we’ve taken on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

_Brian wrote: »
    Ringing revenue works quicker than entering it online.
    I’ve seen it with the last few people we’ve taken on.

ET is inevitable, no matter what you do be prepared to have the life sucked out of your first few wage packets followed by some stock response online by the time it has already sorted itself out anyway. Welcome to Ireland 2018 and thank you for your contribution

• Advertisement
Advertisement