Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Platinum Card

Options
  • 28-09-2018 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭

There seems to be a big push on this at the moment - I'm seeing it a lot on Facebook and here on boards.ie.

I currently have an AIB platinum card which provides:-

1. €225 cash back in a year (capped, unfortunately)
    2. €95 cash back in the last while (maybe a year) on special cash back deals
    3. Cheaper interest rate than BOI platinum card (not that it applies, but still).

Whereas the BOI credit card would charge me €78.16 for the privilege - Where's the logic in that?

Just curious considering the ads I've seen of late. Banks make a significant cut on Customer CC usage (hence why AIB can offer 0.5% cash back).

I know BOI have partnered with SuperValu, but that's not as clear cut an offer. Even my secondary CC card provides €120 a year back on grocery purchases.

BOI marketing/strategy department need to have a rethink, imho.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Avatar MIA

Thanks for getting in touch and sending us your views on our product.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement