Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

replace boiler and radiators

• 28-09-2018 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hi folks, I was wondering that how much will it cost to replace a whole new boiler and 9 radiators? we have 4 bedrooms semi-detached house in a house estate. we got a quote for 4,000 inc. vat. but not sure if it's fair price? i thought it will be around 3,000.... any suggest please? much appreciated :)

the quote detailed below:
    New firebird condensing boiler
    Safety valves and fire valve and all fittings
    9 new radiators and trv valves
    Remove pipes in hot press
    No electrical in quote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

dameiwu wrote: »
    hi folks, I was wondering that how much will it cost to replace a whole new boiler and 9 radiators? we have 4 bedrooms semi-detached house in a house estate. we got a quote for 4,000 inc. vat. but not sure if it's fair price? i thought it will be around 3,000.... any suggest please? much appreciated :)

the quote detailed below:
    New firebird condensing boiler
    Safety valves and fire valve and all fittings
    9 new radiators and trv valves
    Remove pipes in hot press
    No electrical in quote

Any mention of a chemical power flush? Also can you elaborate on the " remove pipes in hotpress "

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dameiwu

sullzz wrote: »
    Any mention of a chemical power flush? Also can you elaborate on the " remove pipes in hotpress "

hi thanks for reply! no, i don't think so about the chemical power flush.. regarding the pipes in hotpress, the previous owner has made a lot of works by himself also he installed a solar panel before but he removed the solar panel and leave a big mess in hotpress, a lot of not necessary pipes... so just tidy up the hot press XD Tried to upload an image but couldn't do so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 FOTW

That price isn't to bad the boiler itself would be between 1200-1900 euro depending on what model you got. Are they disposing of the old boiler for you as well? That with 10 radiators and TRV valves fitted not to bad. Their not extorting you any way.

Just give you idea what I paid for my new system with out labour costs as I did some of it myself. Also i had to run new piping for the oil tank and hot press to the new boiler. The boiler was being installed in a different location.

Grant Vortex €1300
    650L Oil tank €270
    8 x Radaitors €700 (most fairly small radiators)
    6 x TRV Valves €125
    36" x 18" Insulated Hot water cylnder with immersion €280
    Power clean €250
    Electrical €100
    new Piping, flu kit, joints, water filter etc €1000

Advertisement