Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Connects - Celbridge submission deadline today

• 28-09-2018 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I saw at my bus stop this morning today is the last day to submit feedback on the Bus Connects plan and it's impact on Celbridge buses.

Has anyone submitted anything yet? I'm going to try get time to read through the plan in more detail today and submit something but if there's generally a problem that most of Celbridge is unhappy with it might be useful to post here so others can send it in their feedback.

Thanks

Edit - Jesus I'm only a few pages in and it looks like they have bitten off more than they can chew with their ambitions here. Do less and do it well in my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

As far as I remember, someone mentioned here before that the the 67 from Celbridge into the city is now going through Leixlip first:eek: - it will go down the Dublin road, past the Orchard and apparently take a left at Young's cross and that way into the village! This will add on at least another 15 minutes to the journey into and probably more outwards from the city:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,310 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Idioteque wrote: »
    Edit - Jesus I'm only a few pages in and it looks like they have bitten off more than they can chew with their ambitions here. Do less and do it well in my opinion.

Do less would result in nothing being done well. The existing bus network is Victorian in network design and completely unsuitable. It has to be ripped up and started from scratch; it can't be repaired any more.
    As far as I remember, someone mentioned here before that the the 67 from Celbridge into the city is now going through Leixlip first:eek: - it will go down the Dublin road, past the Orchard and apparently take a left at Young's cross and that way into the village! This will add on at least another 15 minutes to the journey into and probably more outwards from the city:mad:

Unlikely to add 15 minutes - if nobody got on at any stops it'd add 5 - and skipping Chapelizod will take some of the time back. Should probably take the Lucan bypass at least some of the time; mentioned that in my submission.

Celbridge needs more services on weekends and evenings than proposed (they are proposing a reduction at times on the basis that Maynooth traffic will be off the buses - that won't give enough capacity); and more express peak services.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Idioteque

L1011 wrote: »
    Do less would result in nothing being done well. The existing bus network is Victorian in network design and completely unsuitable. It has to be ripped up and started from scratch; it can't be repaired any more.

Yeah that's the do less bit I mean, the important bit. Adding in new eco buses, new bus stops/shelters, new digital signage, payment system, fare system branding (or Livery as they call it) on top of working on the segregated cycling and the 2 other project this programme sits within (Metro and Dart extension) seems like a vastly over ambitious project that has so many inter-dependencies that I'd worry little will get done - hopefully I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

L1011 wrote: »

Unlikely to add 15 minutes - if nobody got on at any stops it'd add 5 - and skipping Chapelizod will take some of the time back. Should probably take the Lucan bypass at least some of the time; mentioned that in my submission.
    Fair play for getting involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,310 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Idioteque wrote: »
    Yeah that's the do less bit I mean, the important bit. Adding in new eco buses, new bus stops/shelters, new digital signage, payment system, fare system branding (or Livery as they call it) on top of working on the segregated cycling and the 2 other project this programme sits within (Metro and Dart extension) seems like a vastly over ambitious project that has so many inter-dependencies that I'd worry little will get done - hopefully I'm wrong!

New buses are a constant ongoing purchaes; no extra effort there. Livery is designed. New stop designs are done and they need ongoing replacement and maintenance anyway. Signage will be done entirely by a contractor.

Basically this is an all or nothing proposal - only a tiny few bits of it could be extracted and done on their own (some of the net new orbital routes, some of the few times a day routes being curtailed and replaced with NTA outer suburban tendered services like the Rolestown bus is) and all would be below par as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭The Mulk

My biggest issue is the proposed 324 replacing the 67x. This new service will detour through Leixlip and Lucan.

I just heard there is to be a revised proposal to be issued next year due to the amount of submissions

Advertisement