Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steel Panther

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

So, do yis reckon it'll be the same setlist tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 News Carver

Do I need to print my e tickets or can they scan them off my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

4 th time in total, 1st in Ireland and it was top notch. Brought a friend who had never listened to them before and his reactions was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

OMG what a show!

Gig of the year already?

I'd never even heard of them until reading this thread within the last few days!

So much happiness in there last night and serious axe action.

Great crowd and no talking no messing.

The Ozzy impression cut me up completely.

Great merch too which I usually never go near.

Almost tempted to go to Belfast tonight and get my tits out but it's sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Almost tempted to go to Belfast tonight and get my tits out but it's sold out

Get them out anyway, Mrs S, the Panther will know you did and appreciate your work! :D

Does anyone know if there was much variation in the setlist over the two nights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

blastman wrote: »
    Get them out anyway, Mrs S, the Panther will know you did and appreciate your work! :D

Does anyone know if there was much variation in the setlist over the two nights?

Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne was done last night... Good to see Ozzy got off his sick bed to come down and perform with the lads....

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

That's actually a compliment. I was up front for most of the gig. I can guarantee it was live. Tonight Micheal's mic went faulty .. no vocals when he had to get a replacement mic ..

If this was the Tuesday night in Vicar St.the bit with the mic going faulty was part of a rehearsed joke, the idea being it would cut out just before he said something rude about one of the other guys or something like that.

Everyone I was there with agreed that most of the lead vocals were tracked. His mic was only on at selected times during songs. Couple of times you could see him inhaling while you could still hear the vocals.

Still a really enjoyable show though, my only complaint would be I thought the ratio of talking between songs to actual songs played could have been more in favour of the music. Satchels guitar sound was unbelievable, one of the best live guitar sounds I've ever heard. Considering he's only using an inexpensive digital modelling unit instead of an amp it's seriously impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 War ensemble

collybyrne wrote: »
    If this was the Tuesday night in Vicar St.the bit with the mic going faulty was part of a rehearsed joke, the idea being it would cut out just before he said something rude about one of the other guys or something like that.

Everyone I was there with agreed that most of the lead vocals were tracked. His mic was only on at selected times during songs. Couple of times you could see him inhaling while you could still hear the vocals.

Still a really enjoyable show though, my only complaint would be I thought the ratio of talking between songs to actual songs played could have been more in favour of the music. Satchels guitar sound was unbelievable, one of the best live guitar sounds I've ever heard. Considering he's only using an inexpensive digital modelling unit instead of an amp it's seriously impressive.

I went to the Wednesday show as well and you're right, the faulty mic is part of the show, in order for him to get ready for the Ozzy bit.
    I was up front again and I think you might be right that some of the vocals are tracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Def thought first few verses of glory hole were mimed sounded way too good backing vocals too, then Michael was given back control at end. And getting Vince Neil and Ozzy's vocals as good as he did needed some enhancement/effects at least. The whole show really was so much fun i only noticed it at end. No complaints at all.

They actually cut back on the banter from previous shows imo, a few of the same old jokes crept back in. 2 more tracks in total on the setlist from last year's gig.

Lexi seemed way more into other than other times I've sent them, Styx seemed to get less limelight and the dynamic duo up front were great. Musically they are super tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 News Carver

That was the most fun I've had at a gig in YEARS :)

Went in with zero expectations, knew nothing of the band etc, but had an absolute blast. I'm still in tears from some of the quips, jokes and one liners, I was in stitches laughing, and Ozzy sent me over the edge! Soooooo good

Met the bassist afterwards, I was rocking a Manic Street Preachers top and much to my surprise he knew who they were and said he loved them :-)

I'd have totally gotten the train up to Belfast if not for work, but absolutely definitely going to see them again

The merch selection was quality as well

All in all a f*cking brilliant night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

What digital modelling unit was he using do you know? He sounded like Eddie Van Halen.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was a great gig, Satchel playing classic riffs while messing the bass pedals on the drums was a highlight, the Jedward if they had reached puberty act is funny but it drags on a bit, nearly felt like roaring 'PLAY SOME F*CKING SONGS!'

Was great to get Eyes of a Panther but the sound seemed a bit low for it, it did get louder as they went along, heard half of Gus G's set and enjoyed the guitar wankery.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

Great show. Really, really enjoyed it. Highlights for me were Community Property and Death to All But Metal. Brilliant choons.
    Sure, there was miming at times but it’s all done in the spirit of not taking things too seriously.
    Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Went to both nights in Vicar St and loved them, Tuesday was barely half full so it was pretty chill gig, but Wed was another level. Deffo some backing tracks on the vocals (but sure so do G'N'R) but Michael did appear to sing for real as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 TaitsClock

I'm still not over this, went in with high expectations and was not let down one bit. Really hoping they will be back soon!
    T'was a bitchin' night!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

What digital modelling unit was he using do you know? He sounded like Eddie Van Halen.

Sorry only seeing this now, he uses an Atomic Amplifire, the red 6 button version:

https://atomicamps.com/

Just popped back into this thread to mention Gus G was incredible.

I would without a doubt go to see him if he did a solo show here.

Playing in Feb again!

Tickets on sale in 2 hours 55 mins, not that anyone's counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Got my tickets ,saw them at the Metal Fest in Eindhoven back in July and it was a brilliant show,can’t wait!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 War ensemble

Got my tickets. It's gonna be some party 🀘😈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Got my tickets too, really glad they've started doing dates here on the last couple of tours!

Tickets secured. Thanks be to jesus.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Playing in Feb again!

Tickets on sale in 2 hours 55 mins, not that anyone's counting.

Thanks a mill for the heads up Ol’ Donnie.

Sorted. Looking forward to February. Show was excellent back in February.
    This will shorten the misery of the forthcoming Irish winter.

Second night announced, 17th Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Gonna do both Dublin shows and Belfast. They are playing Belfast, right?

Great show last night in Vicar St. . Enjoyed it. A few real laugh out loud moments. Satchel knows his way around a fretboard for sure....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I had a meet and greet with Satchel after the gig, he’s lovely! It was a fantastic night.

Great gig in Cork last night as well - first time seeing them as I had been unluckly and missed out on Vicar St the last few times around.

Class show - so bloody funny from start to finish. Was right up front and got a few guitar picks and a few handshakes (I'm surely going to be a far better player myself after that :-)

Wayward Sons were incredible I thought - straight up rock, great energy from them - had a good chat with them at the merch stand afterwards - hoping to catch them again at some point!

Some good news to heat you all up this chilly evening. They are back in Ireland in May 2023.

Belfast on 25th and Dublin on the 28th.

g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 TurrikaN64

Also in Cork (Cyprus Avenue) on Fri 26th

Advertisement