Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixed bag comp.

Options
  • 28-09-2018 10:59am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We used to run a mixed bag comp a few years back and it turned into a debacle, as such things usually do.

There was outright cheating, complaints left and right about others entries, and lads ended up taking it too far/seriously. The "prizes" were trophies (not in the least bit expensive), and were intended more as something to give someone than as a substantial reward (plus i was paying for them :D)

I closed the thread mid comp, and haven't run it since. However i thought we might give it another bash.

For those that don't know i list about 12 to 15 species and assign a number for each to be "bagged". The list includes species that some lads don't shoot, and some species that lads simply won't be able to get. No one ever filled the quota.

Each week a person posts a picture of their entry, with the game shot, a piece of paper to give the date and username included int he photo and at the end of each week i tally up the scores.

At the end of the season the person with the most of each shot, wins.

So before i dive in i want to gauge interest. The last couple of years i got over 40 entrants, but only about 12 to 15 posted each week, and i had nearly 20 with no entries at all.

So if we run one it'll go from November 1st to Feb 28th. I'll go through the various rules/guidelines if we set one up.

So if you are interested post here, and after a few weeks i'll check abck and see if there is enough interest to run one.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

It would be nice to see it going again, put me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

I'm in. Was good craic the first time. Hope it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Sounds like great craic.

I'll have a go and I'll cover a spot prize as well.

I'm due a four month sabbatical anyway.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Im interested put me in, ive access to shoot just about anything thats legal:D

Advertisement