Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card Care password changes

Options
  • 28-09-2018 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭

I changed my password a few days ago and now have to change it again because you "updated" your security settings, ok fine.

What the hell is with your policies?? You require a special character now as opposed to not being able to use them at all before, but..... you are limited to one of the following characters _ ' , ; / - . * &

Also, you limit passwords to 8 - 20 characters, once more an antiquated system that needs updating.

Who designs/signs off on these security measures? It's plain to me that there is some severe deficiencies in your password management and security if you need to restrict the characters permitted in passwords and it will also be plain to any would be attacker.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi techdiver

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today.

We appreciate your views on the password change option on Card Care. As always, we do value customers feedback and will ensure your concerns are passed to our Card Security Team. Thank you for sharing these with us today.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement