Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show 28th September

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

fritzelly wrote: »
    How the hell can RTE justify this show anymore - is it really just for anyone who does not have satellite or internet.
    Used to watch in the day but it's now become a pathetic excuse for an expensive 2 hour show regurgitating the same old crap over and over. As for the comment about Graham Norton only doing actors et al - well at least he makes a show of it and makes it an entertaining show with them. Ryan makes me depressed watching him - he cant do ad lib period, ask a few pre scripted questions, look interested, forget what they said and move on to the next question

I watched all of the Graham Show tonight,definitely no misery in it,but I wouldn't have watched it all only that Rod Stewart was the musical guest.Great to see Rod still belting it out at 73 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

It's always darkest before the dawn.
    Hope for the sunshine tomorrow after the darkness is gone. ( whispering hope by jim reeves ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I watched all of the Graham Show tonight,definitely no misery in it,but I wouldn't have watched it all only that Rod Stewart was the musical guest.Great to see Rod still belting it out at 73 years old.

This came up in my Youtube feed today, Rod sings Bonnie

Stilll got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Suicide is b*llocks.

In my experience, which is both recent and devastating, if the person had any idea what it would do to the people they loved, they wouldn't go through with it.

I am so sorry for your loss Donie.
    I agree but imagine how warped the persons brain has become they truly believe everyone is better off without them. They actually seem to believe it’s the right thing. That must be a horrendous lonely place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Suicide is b*llocks.

In my experience, which is both recent and devastating, if the person had any idea what it would do to the people they loved, they wouldn't go through with it.

It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

What the **** is it with wheeling out Nathan Carter every few months on this show? The same with Daniel O’ Donnell’s wife Majella and Pat Shortt. Fcukin joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

KevinCavan wrote: »
    What the **** is it with wheeling out Nathan Carter every few months on this show? The same with Daniel O’ Donnell’s wife Majella and Pat Shortt. Fcukin joke.

Cheap - few drinks in the green room, job done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

I too recently experienced it... It's all bollox... It's a terminal illness unless you lock them up and find the right medicine and the correct dose and give it time to stabilise... Talking and feeling's have nothing to do with, in fact suicidal people are way ahead of us, if they do open up and talk its actually to help you. They.are still going to do it

Sorry if I'm insensitive but it's a stage of grief!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

I too recently experienced it... It's all bollox... It's a terminal illness unless you lock them up and find the right medicine and the correct dose and give it time to stabilise... Talking and feeling's have nothing to do with, in fact suicidal people are way ahead of us, if they do open up and talk its actually to help you. They.are still going to do it

Sorry if I'm insensitive but it's a stage of grief!

What are you on about with terminal illness and locking them up - jaysus!!!

Not a story for Friday night viewing on the countries main station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lisha wrote: »
    I am so sorry for your loss Donie.
    I agree but imagine how warped the persons brain has become they truly believe everyone is better off without them. They actually seem to believe it’s the right thing. That must be a horrendous lonely place.

I know. I know. Doesn't bear thinking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

NIMAN wrote:
    This is how dumbed down the show now is that Joanna Donnelly is seen as a guest.

NIMAN wrote:
    The woman tells us the weather. That's it. She doesn't do anything else.

NIMAN wrote:
    Or does she? Is she on to talk about something we don't know of? I think I heard she had a health issue of some sort a while back. No doubt that'll be dragged up.

These weather people have been elevated to so called celebrity status by RTE. They seem to be as important as the actual forecasts. As you say they read the forecast, period. It's infuriating.

Advertisement