Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster vs Ulster, Sat 29 Sep, 7:35pm, Eir Sports

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Not sure how this harlem globetrotter style will do against decent teams, but it's entertaining

My stream isn't great but I find it hard to believe the Munster player wasn't in touch.

Knock on anyway.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Please end this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Is this a record interpro margin of victory for Munster? It has to be up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I switched off at half time (35 minutes after the Ulster team) Is it over yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Try called back, thaught it looked a pretty obvious knock on in real time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That was a ridiculous pass regardless of the context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Keatley with a beaut of a pass

awec wrote: »
    Aye I reckon he’d have been picked for Ireland if it wasn’t for that incident. ;)

Didn't he play last November series? He's never been that far from the squad but that piece of play was the kind of low return attempt in a critical area of the field that I think most coaches would be annoyed to see. A coach like Joe would be particularly frustrated.

POM was my MOTM but whatever.

• Advertisement

Wootton wasn't meant to play tonight. You wouldn't know it.

Pish.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

POM was my MOTM but whatever.
    Toland picked MOTM before a ball was kicked.

Carbery had a good game but POM, Holland and TOD were all far more impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Buer wrote: »
    Toland picked MOTM before a ball was kicked.

Carbery had a good game but POM, Holland and TOD were all far more impressive.

I'd have picked Matthewson. Was outstanding in the time he was on the pitch, himself and Carbery controlled the game perfectly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭bilston

So I take it Ulster's 2nds/3rds/U20s aren't as good as Munster's 1sts after all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

So much for the interpros.
    What do folks make of Billy Burns? He can pass well but doesn't seem able to kick and gain territory. McPhillips will have to be brought in.
    Despite the meltdown last year they had Lealifano for a good spell of the year. They could really struggle this year with the 10 situation, especially if Cooney got injured too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Its very fine margins between a close game and a whitewash

When we play Ulster in Ravenhill it will be a lot closer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

So much for the interpros.
    What do folks make of Billy Burns? He can pass well but doesn't seem able to kick and gain territory. McPhillips will have to be brought in.
    Despite the meltdown last year they had Lealifano for a good spell of the year. They could really struggle this year with the 10 situation, especially if Cooney got injured too.

They clearly have no intention of bringing McPhillips in. Burns will be the 10 for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Well that was embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

bilston wrote: »
    So I take it Ulster's 2nds/3rds/U20s aren't as good as Munster's 1sts after all?

nope. not by about 50 points.

Better not send those guys next time

Carbery's interview as gas, very nervous but got through the "Leinster" question carefully enough. Tommy Bowe seems like he is about to break into laughter at any moment, kinda reminds me of Eoin McLove.

IMO Billy Burns is bang average. He doesn’t run a back line at all.

I’d bring McPhillips back in.

Tommy Bowe seems like he is about to break into laughter at any moment, kinda reminds me of Eoin McLove.

It's like he's struggling to conceal his terrible secret.

awec wrote: »
    IMO Billy Burns is bang average. He doesn’t run a back line at all.

Ulster's pack was annihilated this evening. Burns was in damage control from kick off, Sexton would have looked dog average out there tonight.

It's like he's struggling to conceal his terrible secret.

I .. PUSHED THE BUTTON..

• Advertisement

Ulster's pack was annihilated this evening. Burns was in damage control from kick off, Sexton would have looked dog average out there tonight.

I am not talking about tonight.

In general he has not been that impressive IMO.

I .. PUSHED THE BUTTON..

Can I've this duck?

LONDON

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Is that the heaviest defeat in an interpro?

Ulsters lack of squad depth is coming home to roost quickly enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

bilston wrote: »

Not sure that's a fair reflection on just how poor ulster were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I thought McBurney did well at hooker. Most of his darts were on the money and he looks to have a bit of pace.

Ulster really should have signed a quality LH. They are crying out for a decent scrum platform. Where is that S African guy who has hardly been seen in 2 years?

LONDON

I MADE THE BBC!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Scythica

Good point where is three hond?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Treadwell is a very frustrating player to watch. He's so powerfully built but hasn't a clue how to use his body effectively. A man his size shouldn't be so soft.

He's bigger than Fardy or James Ryan but hasn't a tenth of their physicality.

Clegg wrote: »
    Treadwell is a very frustrating player to watch. He's so powerfully built but hasn't a clue how to use his body effectively. A man his size shouldn't be so soft.

He's bigger than Fardy or James Ryan but hasn't a tenth of their physicality.
    Fat Diack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Last night's game was Munsters largest score ever in the league, their biggest winning margin and the most trys scored... not a bad evenings work

I can't get over this result. I'm not even sure it's any good for Munster to be winning like that.

I can't get over this result. I'm not even sure it's any good for Munster to be winning like that.

Winning is bad um-kay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Winning is bad um-kay

Leinster had a proper battle yesterday
    Munster had a walk in the park on the back of a piss poor display last week

I Think the point is Munster are none the wiser really after last night's glorified training session

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Leinster had a proper battle yesterday
    Munster had a walk in the park on the back of a piss poor display last week

I Think the point is Munster are none the wiser really after last night's glorified training session

I think quite a lot was gleaned from last night's display...we have genuine back up 9....the choices at first receiver were intriguing and the ball handling errors were cut to a minimum... these have nowt to do with the quality of the opposition

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    Its very fine margins between a close game and a whitewash

When we play Ulster in Ravenhill it will be a lot closer

Of course because then Munster will field a weakened team, with a full Ulster.
    League is becoming a bit of a joke

Of course because then Munster will field a weakened team, with a full Ulster.
    League is becoming a bit of a joke

It's all about player management, and to be fair, Munster were off the pace for the first few weeks...looked a little sluggish... until last night... seems the new strength & conditioning coach has upped his game

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

I think quite a lot was gleaned from last night's display...we have genuine back up 9....the choices at first receiver were intriguing and the ball handling errors were cut to a minimum... these have nowt to do with the quality of the opposition

It's easier to cut errors when the game lacks intensity though. And last night lacked it.

Munster have 10 half backs which is really a bit mad

Joey, Bleyendaal, JJH, Keatley, Johnston
    Murray, Mathewson, Hart, Duncan, Cronin.

It's all about player management, and to be fair, Munster were off the pace for the first few weeks...looked a little sluggish... until last night... seems the new strength & conditioning coach has upped his game

Ospreys match?

Ospreys match?

That Ospreys side was quite a bit worse than the Ulster side we played last night... and we still looked a bit rough at times .. handling errors and some players blowing hard.....but a fortnight is a long time in rugby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

Last nights match really shows we need a decent back up to Murray Alby looks good for the time we have him but Dunc just doesn't cut it.

Was happy or for Keatley last night looked good when he came on that sideline conversion was pinpoint.

MOTM from myself last night was Goggin. He put in some fantastic tackles and looked dangerous all night. What can you say about POM I mean seriously he was immense last night. Great team performance overall.

Good to hear John Ryans injury not to bad either.

Don't know if anyone noticed who was at the game but the crowd singing the fields and stand up and fight was unusually I dunno soft toned last night. Didn't have the usual fervour to it but really made the hair on the back of my neck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

sioda wrote: »
    Last nights match really shows we need a decent back up to Murray Alby looks good for the time we have him but Dunc just doesn't cut it.

Yet some people still cant see the wood from the trees
    sioda wrote: »
    Was happy or for Keatley last night looked good when he came on that sideline conversion was pinpoint.

Indeed, he made a good appearance off the bench, a good backup player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

The old saying " forwards win the matches, backs decide by how much" was never truer than on Saturday night. People creaming themselves about Alby and or Joey need to wait and see how much control they bring to a game when our pack are been beaten up and deliver slow ball to our halfbacks. For me, the jury is out for another few weeks on how "great" either of them are.

Ulster were beaten up by our pack. Never mind Toland picking Joey the real MotM was surely one of TOD, POM or Billy Holland.

I hope this doesn't come across as insulting to Ulster but Saturday wasn't much more than a training run for the team, great to see so many trys but many an opposition wouldn't gift them to us at the rate Ulster did.

phog wrote: »
    The old saying " forwards win the matches, backs decide by how much" was never truer than on Saturday night. People creaming themselves about Alby and or Joey need to wait and see how much control they bring to a game when our pack are been beaten up and deliver slow ball to our halfbacks. For me, the jury is out for another few weeks on how "great" either of them are.

Ulster were beaten up by our pack. Never mind Toland picking Joey the real MotM was surely one of TOD, POM or Billy Holland.

I hope this doesn't come across as insulting to Ulster but Saturday wasn't much more than a training run for the team, great to see so many trys but many an opposition wouldn't gift them to us at the rate Ulster did.
    It’s not insulting, unfortunately just reality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement