Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgotten WiFi passwird

Options
  • 28-09-2018 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭

I changed my home eir WiFi password from the original key. Now I can’t rememebr it so can’t access it. Any ideas how I can reset it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

slingerz wrote: »
    I changed my home eir WiFi password from the original key. Now I can’t rememebr it so can’t access it. Any ideas how I can reset it

Reset switch at the back of the router. You will need something small like a pin to press the button.
    Hold in for 5 seconds are you wifi pass and all other settings will be back to default.

Or connect over ethernet and log into 192.168.1.254 but maybe you can't remember the pass for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭slingerz

tuxy wrote: »
    Reset switch at the back of the router. You will need something small like a pin to press the button.
    Hold in for 5 seconds are you wifi pass and all other settings will be back to default.

Or connect over ethernet and log into 192.168.1.254 but maybe you can't remember the pass for that too.

If I reset that will the default key be the password then again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

slingerz wrote: »
    If I reset that will the default key be the password then again?

Yes, it will be back to the password written on the router.

Advertisement