Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anybody have a stock market crash wish list?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looks like the free money is having an effect, for a while at least.
    American airlines like DAL getting a bailout form the government and could utterly rocket- DAL was $20 yesterday , Buffet bought it in the $40's.
    TTD and ROKU usually go mad on upswings, deeply regretting not buying TTD at $140 yesterday, could see that one hitting $200 or more before today is out.
    STOR and BPY are also ones I think which have been unfairly punished,STOR was $13 at one point yesterday and rallied to $17 by the close..
    Jebus, I have regrets about sitting on my hands yesterday!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭antimatterx

If Delta get a bailout, you're shares are gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

any other tips aside from General Mills?
    I think Carnival Corp (CCL) the cruise ship company, are a reasonable pick if you are willing to take a chance.
    The price is USD 10.00 (low 7.90 a few days ago). It was a touch over 70.00 at the start of 2018 and 57.33 high in the last 52 weeks. The PE is 2.3.
    Did it suffer a permanent wound in the pandemic? I think not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Yeah I sold puts in CCL.

Overall though, I think people are early. Ryanair and Apple should be down a chunck. Ryanair are going to be grounded, Apple sell high end products coming into a recession. Google and FB are essentially another small business tax. The world has changed, the shares aren't at a discount. They're likely fairly priced.

The fact that people want to BTD and the virus hasn't even hit the US properly yet makes me think that we have a long way to go. We won't hit the low for another 2/3 weeks at least.

I'm gonna buy US and UK puts before I think about buying anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Is it not likely the market will dip again and worse, in a few weeks time when the cases in the UK and US jump?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

One thing that says we are not near a low is trading activity is high. At a low activity is low.
    We have not had news of a major failure(s) requiring rescue.
    Yes, we have announcements of funding, but no collapse of an industry giant.
    In the last crisis I bought about three months before the final low.

Advertisement