Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October scary game time

Options
  • 28-09-2018 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So every year I say I’m going to play through at least one scary game and never do.

This year I’ve picked the games and I’m going to stick to it.

Dead Space - on 360
    And
    ZombiU - on Wii U

Both seem to be short enough to make this a plausible venture especially with Blops 4 releasing soon.

What are ye going for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

For me, it's Bloodborne.

I picked it up on sale around this time last year and was hooked. I think it's my GOAT. I played right through Halloween to early January and decided to shelve it until next Halloween.

So I'll go back to that and work on getting the Platinum. I'm just 3 trophies away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Dead Space isn't particularly scary after 30 minutes.

I didn't play much of it but that most recent Res Evil was crazy and I still haven't completed Alien Isolation (which is a game that has made me clench muh buttocks something fierce at times).

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

I have a copy of Eternal Darkness:Sanity's Requiem sitting on the shelf I might dust down for some spookums time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Dead Space isn't particularly scary after 30 minutes.

I didn't play much of it but that most recent Res Evil was crazy and I still haven't completed Alien Isolation (which is a game that has made me clench muh buttocks something fierce at times).

Maybe I’ll start with ZombiU so.

I’m trying to play the games I have instead of buying more. These two have say unplayed for so long now.

The other contender is Outlast which I did start but I found that scary as **** so if I’m honest I stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dead Space had a lot of tension, I found. Not so much scary than "Oh crap, is something going to come out here?" But I think you'll enjoy it as a horror, apart from one section.

I plan on playing some horror games as well and now this thread just reminds me I have more than I thought. I have Outlast, Alien Isolation, Amnesia, ZombiU, Fatal Frame games, Resi Evil games, Eternal Darkness and more.
    Think I might start with Fatal Frame 2 on Wii.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Resident Evil Remake for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Until Dawn and Walking Dead season 1. Might play Resident Evil remake before 2 in January too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I played Resident Evil: Revalations last year and so I am going to play the sequel this year and also RE 7 as well
    I see ZombiU mentioned as well and I have an untouched copy of that for PS4 which I might break open if I get around to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I have the RE HD collection there. Played the first so might try Zero again (started it but wasn't mad about it due to the Co op). Might also reconnect the VR and play RE7 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Might play through Until Dawn again, had great fun with it last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Silent hill 2, survival / psychological horror at its absolute finest

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Might try and give Sweet Home and Clock Tower a go this year.

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    For me, it's Bloodborne.

I picked it up on sale around this time last year and was hooked. I think it's my GOAT. I played right through Halloween to early January and decided to shelve it until next Halloween.

So I'll go back to that and work on getting the Platinum. I'm just 3 trophies away.

I’ve tried to get into this a couple of time but it just didn’t click with me. I know I should give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Condemned was a fairly unnerving game, never played the sequel though, heard it was sh1t...

Was on 360 and think they released it on PS3 & PC after...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Emily Wants to Play

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Can anyone recommend a horror game for 360 that has a good coop mode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The Evil Within is a smashing game and the spider lady is scary as funk.

Resi 7 is also super scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I liked Evil Within 2 a lot more for some reason probably because it was easier. I couldn't do Resi 7, too scary, can't even imagine doing it in VR.

I'd give Dead Space a go op really enjoyed it back in the day. It's got great atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

R6Siege solo.

Its a ****ing scary place.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I loved the opening to The Evil Within but got a bit bored when it became too much of a shooter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

For me, either Costume Quest or Resident Evil: Revelations.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fieldog wrote: »
    Condemned was a fairly unnerving game, never played the sequel though, heard it was sh1t...

Was on 360 and think they released it on PS3 & PC after...

Distinctly remember Condemned giving me the biggest jump scare I've ever had while playing games. Controller literally jumped out of my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fuko200

I have a few horror games i need to play from my shelves but ill be focusing on Haunting Ground, Kuon and Rule of Rose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Amnesia: The Dark Descent or Penumbra: The Black Plague, needed 5.1 or headphones, lots of bass and a dark room to hop the living sh1t out of you

dreamers75 wrote: »
    R6Siege solo.

Its a ****ing scary place.

I was playing terrorist hunt the other night. The rest of team left, I didn’t get a chance to leave and all of a sudden it’s me against the bots on hard mode. I was like oh o.

It didn’t end well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I liked Evil Within 2 a lot more for some reason probably because it was easier. I couldn't do Resi 7, too scary, can't even imagine doing it in VR.

I'd give Dead Space a go op really enjoyed it back in the day. It's got great atmosphere.

RE7 in VR has got to be one of the most intense gaming experiences of my life. Nothing quite as terrifying as being chased by a madman with a chainsaw. I'm not a fan of first person view games so I wouldn't have played it normally. It's an experience I'd recommend to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I have the RE HD collection there. Played the first so might try Zero again (started it but wasn't mad about it due to the Co op). Might also reconnect the VR and play RE7 again.

I can't play it like that, its horrible :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll clear Amnesia this year...hah, no chance.

Might give Outlast a go. It's been on my list for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My dream is to play RE7 in VR. I'd buy it again if I could even get a loan of the vr headset, pity you can't hire it.

I highly recommend playing Until Dawn if ye haven't, such a fun game.

Also if ye can get a group of friends, Friday 13th (now a ps plus game) is a great laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

In alien isolation I was afraid to try and explore areas as the alien wouldn't take long to find you. really had me on edge for most of it , they built class environments but you missed good chunks of it due to fear to explore , class game .

Advertisement